Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck has a P24d1 code Onstar said thur email that it was emission related 36,400 miles anyone have any suggestions before I take it to dealer. I have reset it twice comes back within 100 miles.

·
Registered
2017 LWN CCLB Canyon
50 Posts
I had this code pop up as well as P1476 so far. Easy fix - handheld scan tool in the glove box. Since EPA sent the hammer down this is my option until I’m in the great white north.

Neither have returned in 300 miles of 80/20 highway/city driving.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
PM = Particulate Matter sensor...dealer swap.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reponses do you think cleaning the contacts would do any good truck still runs good. Had figured I would tune and delete one day after warranty was up but looks like EPA put a damper on that.

·
Banned
351 Posts
Thanks for the reponses do you think cleaning the contacts would do any good truck still runs good. Had figured I would tune and delete one day after warranty was up but looks like EPA put a damper on that.
You can still get a tune but not a delete in the USA

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Where in the exhaust stream is this sensor located. Do you think it would do any good to clean contacts.
Sorry, mine's not a diesel, but my guess would be these sensors are enclosed parts so replacement's possibly the only option. Hoping other diesel owners chime in to confirm/deny. My response originated fm quick check w/ older bro who's a Diesel Shop Service Mgr, but his specialty is big rigs.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Your truck may be running clean but, if the sensor reads out of range by just a hair, poof, on comes the light. It's usually best to replace the sensor which should keep readings in the correct range for years to come. I just went through this with my big rig which is a near zero emissions vehicle. I tried every trick to steer around the issue but in the end, a new sensor was the answer.

Reactions: UnionCraneMan

·
Registered
396 Posts
I think there’s a new pm sensor available. Get the latest part number. That’s the sensor behind the dpf?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Subscribe to alldatadiy.com. I have done it for all my vehicles,it is cheap, and has tons of info.

DTC P24D1
Particulate Matter Sensor Regeneration Incomplete

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Subscribe to alldatadiy.com. I have done it for all my vehicles,it is cheap, and has tons of info.
I've used them in the past, and they were useful. I hadn't thought about them for the Duramax. I think they are cheaper now than back when I used them. But the latest year is currently 2018, so I'll have to wait a while.

I wish they did travel trailers too!

·
Registered
75 Posts
I've used them in the past, and they were useful. I hadn't thought about them for the Duramax. I think they are cheaper now than back when I used them. But the latest year is currently 2018, so I'll have to wait a while.

I wish they did travel trailers too!

$35 for five years.

·
Registered
75 Posts
It looks like that was only because I already had a subscription for my other car. Looks like it is $50 now for 5 Years.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just dropped it off at dealer. Don't sound like they plan to help with warranty w I will let y'all know how it goes.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Check the connector for it. I just had mine replaced (for the third time) and they found that the waterproofing on the connector failed. It seems like water got inside the connector, froze, and shoved the O-rings that go around the wires out of the connector. They replaced my connector and the sensor and hopefully it won't be a problem anymore.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just dropped it off at dealer. Don't sound like they plan to help with warranty w I will let y'all know how it goes.
Turns out it was P118B when I dropped it off at dealer. They reprogramed it to the tune of $120.95 plus taxes and eviromental fees and said if that did not fix it they would have to change sensor. Check engine light back on with less than 50 miles on truck since reprogram pulled code its P118B again. Trying to get a quote from dealer on sensor.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts