Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a week I have had no A/C , Temp Gauge did not move, and the engine fan stayed on when I shut the truck down and started. Started truck today all good, A/C good, Temp Good, Fan Off. All indications it was the Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor, thinking it maybe a good idea to change out, just do not have info on location of sensor. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
9,794 Posts
For a week I have had no A/C , Temp Gauge did not move, and the engine fan stayed on when I shut the truck down and started. Started truck today all good, A/C good, Temp Good, Fan Off. All indications it was the Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor, thinking it maybe a good idea to change out, just do not have info on location of sensor. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance
What engine? The book for the 2016 v6 says "In the engine compartment, left of center, near rear, mounted to bank 2 cylinder head, near exhaust pipe"
You could DL the electrical body builders manual for the 2017 and search it if no one chimes in.

·
Registered
2017 Colorado ZR2 as it came from the factory
411 Posts
Gas motor V6

Diesel motor I4

Hope this helps.

Sit, Ubu, sit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone have the picture of the 4 cyl. 2.5. Found the one on the radiator. Looking for the ECT sensor on the block. I will look i same area as pictures above and see if its in the same place for the 2.5

1 - 6 of 6 Posts