Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since purchase, I notice the truck has a slight hesitation and there's some play in the gas pedal has some play before engaging.
I've tried octane booster. Any suggestions or fixes?

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
there are like a million threads already on this, but the most common "fix" is a pedal commander throttle controller, or various different tunes...

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Search the forum or even google for "Chuggle / Stutter"
You'll find lots of threads.

There's a variety of different 'transmission / throttle' issues that people are experiencing and they vary depending on your driving style.

How you remedy this - is totally up to you and/or how much $ you want to spend. From using Tow/Haul Mode, high octane gas, Pedal commander, engine tunes, etc.

But yes, I will agree with you - the throttle doesn't engage until you push the pedal down farther. In your situation - Pedal Commander would probably help (I have one). Do the research....and good luck!

·
Super Moderator
4,277 Posts
She covered it above ^^ . If you don't want to spend money then I would advise just giving it more throttle and act like you don't care about fuel economy. The truck is more fun to drive and you don't notice the lag so much. Fuel economy difference is negligible. With 89 or 93 octane I feel like I can live with the slow throttle as long as I drive it with vigor instead of like there is an egg under the throttle. :)

Reactions: Janster

·
Registered
562 Posts
My 2017 Canyon Denali does the same thing ! On my way home from a trip the differential went out !! The service department thought I was pulling a trailer that was over weight but I wasn't !! They are trying to say it will void my warranty !! Hell no will not happen . I have my motel receipts as my trailer is a camper !! I heard some clicking and chirping first then a grinding . I thought it was a wheel bearing . I had noticed a crunching noise when I made a turn on to a street before . It never occurred to me it may be something wrong . It's still in the shop so I'll see what happens when they are finished with it !!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.