Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I'm new to the forum, but wanted to share with you my recent addition to my truck. I noticed that Fisher only offered the HS homesteader plow for my 2016 Chevrolet Colorado and being Boss offered a heavier HTX model and after looking over the GVWR specs for a Colorado I realized that if a Jeep Wrangler could carry an Fisher 7'6" SD I'm sure my truck could. Being Fisher doesn't make a Minute Mount 2 setup for my truck, I made my own pushplate attachements. I'm not a fan of how low the front end is in general with the truck so I will be doing a 2.25" leveling kit to the front end and timbrens for added protection, but it doesn't need it weight wise, just adding as extra precaution. I've already upgraded to 265/70/17 Cooper Discover AT3-S tires which helped clearance a little as well. The truck carries the plow with no issues at all. Only drops 1.5" in the front with the plow up. Just wanted to let people know in case they wanted to get creative like I did. To me the SD plow is a way better plow than the homesteader and not much heavier, but 4 times are rugged.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That will be the air dam on the 2030 models.
I drove the truck on the highway a decent amount testing it as well. Runs good. engine only gets slights hot if your really driving fast (75mph + with the plow as high as it can go). other than that it runs at operating temperature.

·
Premium Member
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Extended Cab 4WD Summit White
948 Posts
I drove the truck on the highway a decent amount testing it as well. Runs good. engine only gets slights hot if your really driving fast (75mph + with the plow as high as it can go). other than that it runs at operating temperature.
Well that is so much better then a former friend of mine had with a K5 Blazer. That thing would always overheat with his plow. I offered to cut holes in the plow to help with airflow.
The fact that he beat the nuts out of his Blazer the way he plowed and never did repairs the best. So they would have to be done over and over and over. I was amazed that Blazer was running as long as it was.

·
Super Moderator
4,178 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
He's still technically correct. Mine is a Meyer Home Plow. I wanted the utility of a front hitch, rather than the ease of the two frame rail mounts, and it also had to work with my Steelcraft prerunner bar.

@KARandolph6 has a BOSS HTX, but his first post about the plow was also his last.

@merkman has a Meyer Drive Pro 6.8 on his.

Only ones I know of. Plows are like lifts, lots of people say they want to, but never do.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
He's still technically correct. Mine is a Meyer Home Plow. I wanted the utility of a front hitch, rather than the ease of the two frame rail mounts, and it also had to work with my Steelcraft prerunner bar.

@KARandolph6 has a BOSS HTX, but his first post about the plow was also his last.

Only ones I know of. Plows are like lifts, lots of people say they want to, but never do.

I'm looking forward to seeing how it does this year. Fisher doesn't even make frame mounts for this truck and the one they make for the homesteader doesn't even work. I had to customer fabricate the whole push-plate setup from scratch. Totally agree with you that alot won't end up doing it. I'm excited to see how it sits with the 2.25" leveling kit. Theses trucks are definitely low up front.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Skip the leveling kit for your ground clearance issues and get a set of ride-height adjustable Eibach shocks and a quality set of 265/70s. The decrease in body roll and increase in handling will not be something you get from a spacer lift or bracket kit, and something you will particularly want if you transport that blade a lot.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I did the leveling kit tonight... it’s a trial run. Truck has 265/70/17 on it which fit way better than the smaller factory tire... if all goes well with the spacers, I’ll probably go with the Eibach adjustable struts. Sounds like a more solid option in the long run. I will keep you all up to date. Which Eibachs do you recommend?[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I ordered the Pro Truck front shocks, adjustable up to 2", I believe you can adjust them higher now. Peak suspension has a pretty good collection of suspension items that fit the Twins. They also offer 600lb springs which would help with that plow weight.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I h

I have the same kit. It works great. Just get rid of the Goodyear crap tires. I put Michelin Defenders.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

So Far So Good!. Truck handles the plow really well. @Thunderbear I'm interested in those Eibach Strut/Spring combination in the future. Sounds like a more solid setup. I actually like that company that does the heavier spring as well. Maybe this summer. I have noticed when I got the truck I complained about a clunk in the front end. The dealer replaced the intermediate steering shaft under warranty, but it didn't change the noise. its usually when the chassis articulates over bumps. I hear it again and a little more now with the leveling kit in. I read some other forums posts where they complain that its the actual steering rack/box doing it. Anyone else experience that?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts