Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I want some more ears/theories on this noise. Having some troubles figuring it out.

When coasting around 40-50mph, then FLOORING it, I get this noise (see video) essentially the exact second I smash the pedal to the ground. Sounds like something slipping, torque converter?

I can only recreate it while tuned....not going to get into that worm-hole of a discussion, but probably worth noting as maybe the more HP/torque is playing into things. Happens with stock transmission tune and with a "tuned" transmission as well. Can't recreate it while stock.

I'm at 47k miles, no improvement with diff fluid changes and transfer case fluid change. Transmission maintenance scheduled at dealer next WED. Any thoughts as to how I should describe the issue to them without getting into the "I'm tuned" discussion....or what I should have them look into?

Thanks!

https://youtu.be/C4yl0I2C6Cs

·
Registered
850 Posts
Unfortunately there probably gonna check that when you bring it in and see that you are tuned.

Reactions: 16WhiteColly

·
Registered
263 Posts
My honest opinion, that doesn't sound like a transmission problem. That sounds like something in the engine, but then again I'm no expert. If the dealer does tell you it's transmission related, I would take it to a transmission shop. I have had many transmission problems over the years, on different trucks I've had and the Chevy dealer never did the work themselves if it needed rebuilt. They send the work out to a transmission shop of there choice and then you end up paying double basically, but again that video does not sound transmission related.

Reactions: 16WhiteColly

·
Registered
16 Posts
Do you ever find out what the problem was? Tranny? Engine? I ask because I have a '17 that does the exact same thing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts