Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2016 Colorado 4x4 long bed
Icon coil-overs
Icon upper control arm
1inch block rear (for now)
33x12.5x20
20x8.5 rockstar 1 wheels
Offset 10 B/S 5.14

Soon to be added when funds come in:
Fender flares
New leaf springs to replace the block.
And more later. For now. I'm loving it. Can't wait to try this out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Looks good!

What stage did you get?

offset of the rims?

Did you have to trim?

Thanks!

Thanks. It's the stage 2 icon kit. And yes did a bit of trimming. The fender liner isn't in yet. But as of right now it only rubs at full lock on the sway bar. Didn't get to take pictures after I was done. It was about 9 at night almost pitch black where my friend lives. Hopefully tonight or tomorrow I can take pictures and make it all nice again. Not quite sure on the offset but I can find out later.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks. It's the stage 2 icon kit. And yes did a bit of trimming. The fender liner isn't in yet. But as of right now it only rubs at full lock on the sway bar. Didn't get to take pictures after I was done. It was about 9 at night almost pitch black where my friend lives. Hopefully tonight or tomorrow I can take pictures and make it all nice again. Not quite sure on the offset but I can find out later.

Offset 10 B/S 5.14

Thank you!

This is just about what I want to go with! (I think)

Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)

In case anyone wants to see my trim jobs. I'm not a professional by any means but I got it done. And I found out where I'm rubbing. Unfortunately it's the frame on the back of by tire. Not my sway bar.

·
Registered
194 Posts
In case anyone wants to see my trim jobs. I'm not a professional by any means but I got it done. And I found out where I'm rubbing. Unfortunately it's the frame on the back of by tire. Not my sway bar.

thats unlucky about rubbing on the frame. These trucks are great but wish they accepted larger size wheels a little bit easier haha.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thats unlucky about rubbing on the frame. These trucks are great but wish they accepted larger size wheels a little bit easier haha.

Yea. Unlucky. I thought I was gonna get away with it. A spacer is now needed. And Maybe a bit more cutting. Hopefully not.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did you go with the recommended wheel spacing and tire size icon has on there website??

I'm pretty close to the specs from icon.
My wheels are 20x8.5
Offset 10 back spacing 5.14
But on the other had. I got bigger tires. 33x12.5x20
That's y I rub in some places. Nothing a little cutting and massaging won't fix.

Icons specs
WHEEL & TIRE FITMENT INFO:

OEM Wheels & Tires: Yes

Aftermarket Wheels: 8" Wide Wheel With 5 1/4" Backspace

Aftermarket Tires: 32 x 11.00 Tall Tires

(Larger Tires May Fit but Fender Trimming and Modifications will be Required)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I put 285/55/20's on my Denali with stock ride height. That would be a 32" set up. There was no rubbing. I put a 2" lift on it and it rubs on the sway bar a full lock now.

I ordered a swaybar drop kit and will put on when it gets here on Monday. I think that will help.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I put 285/55/20's on my Denali with stock ride height. That would be a 32" set up. There was no rubbing. I put a 2" lift on it and it rubs on the sway bar a full lock now.

I ordered a swaybar drop kit and will put on when it gets here on Monday. I think that will help.

Mine doesn't rub on the sway bar. I just assumed it did before I checked. But the icon kit comes with the swaybar drop kit too. I forgot to update this. I ended up getting my alignment done shortly after and it solved the rubbing on the frame. So now only rubbing is on the fender liner. If I take that out I have no issues and about 1 1/2 inch space all the way around. I also plan on turning up the coil-overs up about half inch or inch.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks for the info. I put the sway bar drop on yesterday. No more rubbing on the sway bar. Now it only rubs on the frame at full right lock. I will take it in for an alignment tis week and see if that cures the frame rub.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Got to give it a little test run on a short trail. I just love how these tires just climb over crap with ease. Wish I could have gotten shots on the trail. But it was a bit muddy and I needed to get by clean for a family photo shoot.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.