Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2016 Chevy Colorado makes a noise when accelerating. The trucks performance is not suffering at all it’s just very annoying because it’s very prominent when the radio is off. I only notice it when I’m going slower and when I take my foot of the gas and coast it stops the sound. Also when the truck is parked there is no noise. The noise almost sounds like it speeds up as I am accelerating. To me it sounds like it’s coming from the engine compartment. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Maybe make sure all the airbox clamps and components are tight and where they should be?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
what he said, how many miles?

Reactions: Gerry Thornhough

·
Registered
10 Posts
well I think I know what are you talking about, as a matter of fact it got fixed last week. Im close to 80k miles, is a 2016 chevy colorado z71 and it had the noise but it was very sutil. But I lifted the truck and it got louder, so ended up being the gears on the rear end, ring and pinion and that assembly. The axles were not affected, but ended buying and replacing everything new. When we opened the cover, there were metal shavings everywhere. Now the noise is completely gone and Im a happy camper.

·
Registered
2016 Laser Blue 4x4 Extended Cab 3.6 LFX V-6 with Flux Capacitor Upgrade
666 Posts
well I think I know what are you talking about, as a matter of fact it got fixed last week. Im close to 80k miles, is a 2016 chevy colorado z71 and it had the noise but it was very sutil. But I lifted the truck and it got louder, so ended up being the gears on the rear end, ring and pinion and that assembly. The axles were not affected, but ended buying and replacing everything new. When we opened the cover, there were metal shavings everywhere. Now the noise is completely gone and Im a happy camper.
OP says it is coming from the engine area, not the rear.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If I may ask, how much was it to get a new drive axle installed?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts