Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not sure if any of you new Colorado owners noticed a lean in the vehicles stance, but my 2015 - Z71 was sitting slightly lower on the drivers side at the rear of the truck - about 1/2". May not seem like much, but it stood out and didn't look right. Took it to the dealer and they discovered the shims installed at the factory weren't done properly. They added shims and it's looks great. Turns out they also had to raise the bumper to keep in line with the truck bed.

Some sites say you can measure from the wheel hubs to the fenders, or the top of the tires to the fenders, to compare and then make suspension adjustments. The dealer noted this is rare, especially on newer trucks. So if you happen to notice your truck bed leaning it may also be improper shims. Hope this helps anyone who has an uneven truck bed.

thanks and good luck...

·
Registered
47 Posts
I too came to the Canyon from 2 previous Ridgelines in 6 years that I also loved.... after my lease expired. I was w/o a vehicle as I waited 2.5 months for delivery.
I would have opted for a 3rd Ridgeline if the new model was available.
So far I am getting used to the Canyon. I could write many long posts about the differences between the Ridges and the Canyon. :wink:
Yes, I couldn't wait for the new Ridgey either. So, I opted for the Canyon. I like the Canyon lots, but miss a lot of the Ridgeline's storage. Oh, and I miss how the Ridgeline used to never stall vs the Canyon that has stalled three times since I've owned it. However, the Canyon is getting better... Hasn't stalled in a month... Giddy like a school girl...

·
Registered
600 Posts
I normally stay pretty quiet around here. When I feel I can offer a solution, I speak. If I have nothing to offer, I remain silent. That being said.... I like growing hot peppers. I'm a member of a forum dedicated to peppers. People post the same questions over and over again, year after year. New members join all the time, and they all have the same questions. The established members, the moderators, and everyone else offers advice to each question. I have never once seen the level of hostility on that forum to repeated questions than I see here. If you find moderating tedious, step down. I get tired of seeing you people whine about everything. I've never seen a whinier group of grown men. If you can answer a new member's question, answer it. If you can't, advise them where to look for answers. If you don't have anything to offer, stay silent. I tell everyone I talk to that the biggest group of women I know is the truck forum. I know the owner of the pepper growing forum on a first name basis. People argue and disagree all the time, and everyone understands that's just how it is dealing with people. You don't like it? Stop doing it. Good day.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Oh.... and they let us curse on there without censoring.... ya know... because we're adults.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Oh.... and they let us curse on there without censoring.... ya know... because we're adults.
Unfortunately some employer and school network filters will classify a website as "adult" because of the curse words and block it. :sad:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Ive never had a problem on other Forums from the various school districts I've worked at. Boards I frequent are ATV related, Trucks, Cars and Firearm related.

Personally think this Forum is over censored and too PC.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
600 Posts
Am I too assume that cursing is a requirement in your daily vocabulary?
No, of course it's not a requirement. I don't think I've ever earned asterisks here. But in our daily interactions with other adults, we tell jokes and cut up a little bit. Listen, I know it must get frustrating moving the same questions over and over again, but this why moderators are needed.... to help others navigate the forum and quell disputes as they arise. At the same time, they're part of the community. If the job is too tedious, just stop doing it. Simple. Try to make this a more welcoming experience at the forum.

·
Super Moderator
5,044 Posts
I normally stay pretty quiet around here. When I feel I can offer a solution, I speak. If I have nothing to offer, I remain silent. That being said.... I like growing hot peppers. I'm a member of a forum dedicated to peppers. People post the same questions over and over again, year after year. New members join all the time, and they all have the same questions. The established members, the moderators, and everyone else offers advice to each question. I have never once seen the level of hostility on that forum to repeated questions than I see here. If you find moderating tedious, step down. I get tired of seeing you people whine about everything. I've never seen a whinier group of grown men. If you can answer a new member's question, answer it. If you can't, advise them where to look for answers. If you don't have anything to offer, stay silent. I tell everyone I talk to that the biggest group of women I know is the truck forum. I know the owner of the pepper growing forum on a first name basis. People argue and disagree all the time, and everyone understands that's just how it is dealing with people. You don't like it? Stop doing it. Good day.
Hey Peter Piper-
As you've already mentioned I'm pretty sure everyone has already complained about this and if you don't like the whining why even make that post?

Thanks for your valuable contribution there. Do you work for these guys?

·
Registered
144 Posts
I'd like to make a suggestion if I might. When I first started coming to this site I clicked the Forums link at the top and was presented with a drop-down menu of the various forums, some of which have submenus. I found this to be confusing and unlike any other user forum I've ever used. I'm sure I can't be the only one who finds this confusing and non-intuitive. I happened by chance to figure out that if I type a URL of http://coloradofans.com/forums , with an 's' on the end, into my browser it takes me to a page that is much more intuitive and like every other user forum on the web. My suggestion is that you modify the Forums link at the top of the page to call the forums page, rather than produce a drop-down menu of the various forums. Making this change may help new users locate the proper forum for new posts.

·
Super Moderator
5,044 Posts
You are correct,when I post a topic,I don't see anywhere ,where I can direct it to go, regarding if it was an exterior/interior etc. topic.
When you post a topic it goes in the forum you are in when you hit the "New Thread" button :wink2:

You have to go to the area you want to post in then use the "New Thread" button at the top of that section/subsection

·
Registered
19 Posts
Is there a specific sub-forum we should be posting in of we have Parts For Sale (by member)

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

41 - 56 of 56 Posts
About this Discussion
55 Replies
31 Participants
KER17Z71
Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
ColoradoFans.com is the best forum for the Chevy Colorado community to discuss the truck’s reliability, diesel or transmissions problems and more.
Full Forum Listing