Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Going UP!
2,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are several forums for the 2015 trucks. Interior, reviews, body/appearance, engine, suspension, purchasing, photos, electronics/audio. Please use them.

If your thread has to do with suspension or tires, post in the corresponding forum.

If your thread has to do with ordering our purchasing a new truck, post there.

If your thread has to do with the exterior, you guessed it, post there.

I average moving 6 threads each time I log in here, which is a couple times a day.

It's actually getting annoying since there's only 9 forums, 8 of which are specific topics.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Thank you Blurred........the Master has spoken!

·
Super Moderator
5,267 Posts
We need another sticky for 1st gen owners who are constantly staring threads about 1 gen trucks in the 2nd gen section. I move several threads a day because of this.

·
Going UP!
2,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We don't need another sticky, we need people to actually read. But, can't control that as I have already had to move another one this morning.

and those ghost tags should be timed redirects... they disappear after a certain, set amount of time. I did that because I moved so many. This way, when people come clicking into the forum, it shows that their thread has been moved rather than deleted.

·
Registered
822 Posts
This is a design flaw within the site. I just checked to be certain. Within my browser, if I chose to create a topic, it does not ask or give options as to which forum to place the topic. It just creates the topic and posts it. It would save the moderators a lot of work if this flaw was corrected.

·
Super Moderator
5,267 Posts
We don't need another sticky, we need people to actually read. But, can't control that as I have already had to move another one this morning.
Well it was just an idea to get noobs attention and make the mods job a little easier. It is mostly new members with 1st gen trucks who don't have forum experience doing this. I guess we will just keep track of them the best we can and move threads when needed.

·
Super Moderator
5,267 Posts
This is a design flaw within the site. I just checked to be certain. Within my browser, if I chose to create a topic, it does not ask or give options as to which forum to place the topic. It just creates the topic and posts it. It would save the moderators a lot of work if this flaw was corrected.
If you create the topic/thread in the sub forum then that is where the thread will stay.

For example if you want to start a new topic about the interior of the 2015 twins then go to the " 2015 interior" sub forum and start the thread there... at least that is how it works on my browser but I'm using the "old" set up because I don't like the new "mobile enhanced view"

·
Registered
306 Posts
I dislike shuffling between 9 pages to see what new posts have been made about the trucks. Most of the topics are a blend of all the categories anyways.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Does the home screen recent threads show all categories? I have never actually used the specific forums, and just use search and the home screen primarily.

·
Going UP!
2,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bump? That for everyone in the section or for a problem that I am missing in here?

Does the home screen recent threads show all categories? I have never actually used the specific forums, and just use search and the home screen primarily.
Yes.
aside from issues mentioned here, there's a list more of things that can be changed here.
You mention a list, but provide nothing about said list...

·
Super Moderator
5,267 Posts
Just a bump... ha ha. Not intended for you blurred. Still moving threads on a pretty regular basis so I like to bump this thread every once and a while so it shows up when members hit the "new posts" button to remind them to post in the correct section.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Looks like you may want to move all of the truck problem threads to a separate "truck problems" forum too. Mostly what we see now on the main forum page is problems with the truck. I don't think it is bad to post problems with the trucks, but it sure doesn't look too good for the potential new Colorado/Canyon buyers to see mostly all truck problems on the main forum.

·
Registered
8 Posts
There are several forums for the 2015 trucks. Interior, reviews, body/appearance, engine, suspension, purchasing, photos, electronics/audio. Please use them.

If your thread has to do with suspension or tires, post in the corresponding forum.

If your thread has to do with ordering our purchasing a new truck, post there.

If your thread has to do with the exterior, you guessed it, post there.

I average moving 6 threads each time I log in here, which is a couple times a day.

It's actually getting annoying since there's only 9 forums, 8 of which are specific topics.
That makes way too much sense. Almost crazy!

·
Super Moderator
5,267 Posts
Yes it does make sense...

But as a moderator I'm still moving several threads a day... five so far today.

Very frustrating and annoying

1 - 20 of 56 Posts