Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the past 3 days I've been struggling with an issue with my Colorado.

It says light rear turn signal error and hyperflashes

Only one head light, one parking/running light, one running light, one tail light, and one brake light seem to be working. All fog lights, dome lights, and tag lights seem to be working no problem!

I just went the Chevy dealership today believing it was the BCM (Body control module), spent $200+ and it did not solve the issue. On Monday I am going in for an electrical diagnostic but I'm also looking to save some money if anyone else has had this problem!

Any questions please ask!

Vehicle has 47,xxx+ miles and is no longer under warranty!

Link to video showing lighting errors!

·
Registered
7 Posts

Only one head light, one parking/running light, one running light, one tail light, and one brake light seem to be working. All fog lights, dome lights, and tag lights seem to be working no problem!

I just went the Chevy dealership today believing it was the BCM (Body control module), spent $200+ and it did not solve the issue. On Monday I am going in for an electrical diagnostic but I'm also looking to save some money if anyone else has had this problem!

Have you tried taking the bulbs out. Clean the connectors. Put dielectric grease in the connectors? that usually fixes it.
Bulb may has a poor connection or is going bad.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,627 Posts

please state exactly which lights aren't working. Your post says they are all working.

:smile2:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you tried taking the bulbs out. Clean the connectors. Put dielectric grease in the connectors? that usually fixes it.
Bulb may has a poor connection or is going bad.

I’ve done all of the above, still nothing. I’m thinking a wire went short

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
please state exactly which lights aren't working. Your post says they are all working.

:smile2:

One headlight, one taillight, one brake light, one parking/running light, so on so fourth. Basically only one light(s) per

Watch the video to show easier explaining

·
Registered
7 Posts
I’ve done all of the above, still nothing. I’m thinking a wire went short

Does it do it with your fog lights off? Noticed they were LED. Might have a lack of current draw to the bcm some how. Have you changed anything else to LED?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does it do it with your fog lights off? Noticed they were LED. Might have a lack of current draw to the bcm some how. Have you changed anything else to LED?

It still does it regardless if the fog lights are on or off. And I just put a brand new BCM in and having the same problem.

I had my headlights 6k HIDs but I took them out and replaced the bulbs and it’s still have the same issue.

·
Registered
10,627 Posts
One headlight, one taillight, one brake light, one parking/running light, so on so fourth. Basically only one light(s) per

Watch the video to show easier explaining

one more try, please list EXACTLY which lights aren't working and the error. You video is on the sucky side.

list left and right, ect, also, you know? exactly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
one more try, please list EXACTLY which lights aren't working and the error. You video is on the sucky side.

list left and right, ect, also, you know? exactly.

Drivers side head light
Passenger side running light
Drivers side brake light
Passenger running light
Drivers side reverse light

These are the lights that will not function...

·
Registered
10,627 Posts
Drivers side head light
Passenger side running light
Drivers side brake light
Passenger running light
Drivers side reverse light

These are the lights that will not function...

I suspect you have more than one problem. The headlamp has nothing in common with the other stuff. But all the drivers rear has the same ground and ground wire. Pull out the rear lamp assembly and check out the connector/s and wiring from the tail lamp assembly to the ground. It is a black wire. The book says it is here:

Under vehicle, outboard of left frame rail, forward of the left leaf spring mount

start there and see what happens. One thing at a time.

so you have checked/replaced all of these bulbs, correct? look very closely at the contacts/wires. A good visual inspection is always the first place to start.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I suspect you have more than one problem. The headlamp has nothing in common with the other stuff. But all the drivers rear has the same ground and ground wire. Pull out the rear lamp assembly and check out the connector/s and wiring from the tail lamp assembly to the ground. It is a black wire. The book says it is here:

Under vehicle, outboard of left frame rail, forward of the left leaf spring mount

start there and see what happens. One thing at a time.

so you have checked/replaced all of these bulbs, correct? look very closely at the contacts/wires. A good visual inspection is always the first place to start.

I checked all bulbs, but when I get it back on a lift I’ll be sure to check the connections with my test light

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.