Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey anyone out there having issues with o2 Sensor (Bank 2 Sensor 1) Replaced it 4x. Been to two different Chevy service center. Had a new ECM module replaced and wiring checked and same issue. Codes P0050 (3-4 at a time) P0051 (3-4 at a time). Has an idle issue and shuttering issue while driving. Has 47,800 on it currently. Live in NC so I have to get it fixed. I can do a waver on emissions for a year. Love this truck hate to get rid of it.

Any help please..

·
Registered
10,627 Posts
Hey anyone out there having issues with o2 Sensor (Bank 2 Sensor 1) Replaced it 4x. Been to two different Chevy service center. Had a new ECM module replaced and wiring checked and same issue. Codes P0050 (3-4 at a time) P0051 (3-4 at a time). Has an idle issue and shuttering issue while driving. Has 47,800 on it currently. Live in NC so I have to get it fixed. I can do a waver on emissions for a year. Love this truck hate to get rid of it.

Any help please..
have you looked into the 'engine controls ignition relay' under the hood in the fuseblock, along with it's wiring?

looking at the manual it feeds 2 10A fuses and then the O2 sensors. I'm thinking since the relay feeds all the sensors it is probably ok because you only have a problem with 1 sensor, so maybe the wiring from there to the sensor is a problem. Same goes for the fuses, there are only 2 fuses and 4 sensors, so if it one was bad you would get 2 different O2 sensors showing a problem. It's a violet/lt blue wire. That wire should have 12 volts on it with the engine running (at least when its cold or first started) The other wire that goes from the sensor to the ECM I would suspect is a light green/yellow. It is the one the ECM controls. Being that you replaced the O2 and the ECM it really has to be the wiring. Usually when there is an o2 wiring problem it is down at the sensor burned on the exhaust somewhere.

You can download the upfitters manual from this site and have a look at the wiring.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Back at Chevy service (10-6-2017). For the 5th time to see if they can fix. If not, I'll have to dig in my self (but not break it so i can't get to work). I'm trying not too since it only had 48k miles. I'm still under ECM warranty.

I do really appreciate the help I have (an the service center) replaced the fuse F47(?).
I do have the Electrical document from upfitters.

I'm having another issue on top of this while idling for a long period time in traffic. The truck will idle to low about cuts off, spits and sputters and then the StabiliTrak Service lights and Engine light will blink for about 1min.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Thanks. Back at Chevy service (10-6-2017). For the 5th time to see if they can fix. If not, I'll have to dig in my self (but not break it so i can't get to work). I'm trying not too since it only had 48k miles. I'm still under ECM warranty.

I do really appreciate the help I have (an the service center) replaced the fuse F47(?).
I do have the Electrical document from upfitters.

I'm having another issue on top of this while idling for a long period time in traffic. The truck will idle to low about cuts off, spits and sputters and then the StabiliTrak Service lights and Engine light will blink for about 1min.
Hey Adam!
I know you posted about the O2 sensor problem long ago, but I was wondering if you discovered what was causing it. I have the exact same problem with my 2016 Colorado.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.