Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on my way to work this morning and stopped behind a school bus when my engine just shut off. I put the truck in park and was able to start it right up. Has anyone else experienced this? I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee that did this and it got to the point where it wouldn't start back up.

·
Registered
639 Posts
It has happened to many people here. Happened to me once a year ago owned the truck for 2 and half so far. Just a glitch i believe with the ecm. But as usual gm will not admit to anything. Many People have to die firstthen they may acknowledge something but never admit guilt

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
I've had that happen a couple of times, aways at a stop, and shortly after an inital start up. I believe a read somewhere on this site that is it the camshafts re-phasing, if that is a thing. It always restarts so I've never worried about it. I did mention it to a GM tech (with the cam theory), and he just said 'yeah, probably'. Lol.

The last time it happened, l was able to keep it running by putting it in neural and giving it some gas.

But on second thought, it might be a glitch in the tune because it has not happened to me since I've added my supercharger and the custom tune to my truck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.