Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Everyone!

After getting a lot of great feedback from my initial 3D printed dust cap, I decided to go ahead and print a center console tray that can hold small things such as key, money, cards, etc.

Found the initial design on Thingiverse, changed and adjusted to fit the console a bit better. I did have inspiration from the owner of the original file, and do not wish to sell this product. I just simply want to share my experience with the console tray!

Please let me hear your feedback!

Thanks everyone for your support!

Brad

Attachments

·
Registered
11,478 Posts
I like that because it still leaves some access to the bottom area. Most trays block the entire top of the center console.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Very nice! I wish it was available for purchase now. It's for sure one of the worst consoles I've had - along with the door pockets:)

There are couple online you can buy. Also one that Salex may be working on.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=+Center+Console+tray+Ford+Escape+Kuga+

The one I bought is pictured below and only required a little trimming of both front corners.

LINK to thread . . . See Post #65 http://coloradofans.com/forums/177-2nd-gen-interior/337105-finally-center-console-insert-4.html

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have a buddy with a bunch of 3d printers, if I could get the file that's been perfected I may be able to print a small batch.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Could the OP please post the file since he doesn't want to sell them(which in my opinion is the decent thing) that way people who want to have them printed can go to 3D hub and get them printed. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Anyone 3d print anything else for our trucks? I was interested in the cad file for the piece that goes around the shifter and the ones on the doors that are fake looking carbon fiber in the z71.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.