Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 manual i4 at times it starts to rough idle then it stays that way til I accelerate. Any help is appreciated. If anyone is familiar with this issue I can send you a video. Please help

·
Registered
10,627 Posts
I have a 2010 manual i4 at times it starts to rough idle then it stays that way til I accelerate. Any help is appreciated. If anyone is familiar with this issue I can send you a video. Please help
4 words: clean the throttle body

·
Registered
10,627 Posts
Thank you. I'm new to this truck scene. I've always owned larger trucks
hopefully that will do the trick, it is very common for it to work. Does make me wonder when it only has 27k miles though.

How does a 2010 only have 27k miles anyway? Yours since new? Man I thought I was a low miles king....

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Completely remove th throttle body to clean it

Disconnect negative battery while you're doing it.

Clean the MAF also.

Use the appropriate cleaners.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought it off an older man. He is too old to drive so his daughter made him sell it so it's been sitting for months
Thank you. I'm new to this truck scene. I've always owned larger trucks
hopefully that will do the trick, it is very common for it to work. Does make me wonder when it only has 27k miles though.

How does a 2010 only have 27k miles anyway? Yours since new? Man I thought I was a low miles king....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.