Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay. I think I've done my research and I'll post what I think sounds good to me, and then I'll ask for suggestions. I looked around on the topics to do some research because I would love to add an exhaust system with intake very soon. I'm going for the exhaust first since my budget is somewhat low, since the exhausts are cheaper than the intakes. Now, I LOVE the sound just from the clips, of the Borla pro xs mufflers. I think they sound really nice, many people on here say that they are really nice, they hit the spot. I also really liked the sound of the magnaflows as well. I'm primarily looking for something that sounds good, but doesnt have bad drone, expecially in the cab. I heard that the borla's are very good because they aren't very loud but they still give that nice sound, that is what I want. Anyone know how the noise is in the cab for magna's? I'm looking at borla's primarily, but would like to see some more clips of them. Preferably on I4 since thats what i have. Thanks a bunch and I'll greatly appreciate the comments.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have the magna flow cat back system and it sounds soo tuff. My truck is a 2005 2.8 I4. Now I have never heard what a borla exhaust sounds like in the flesh but I am not at all dissatisfied with my magnaflow. I do get compliments on it many of times. But when did intake cost more than the exhaust? I have a k&n with a tb spacer and the exhaust system still cost more.... I even installed it myself. No matter get yourself a magnaflow, your truck will perform and sound great.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I have a Dynomax Super Turbo muffler on the stock exhaust on my 2.8L 4 cylinder. It gives a nice "rumble" below 2500 rpm without a drone, but when you really get on the gas at high rpm, it is just as loud as stock inside the truck. It ran me $110 installed.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow those sound awesome. I think Imma go for the borla proxs. now my next questions is, should i get the whole exhaust system installed or just the muffler itself. I've gotten mixed answers on that one. Also, what would be the best intake be to put on, AEM or K and N? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Muffler will be much cheaper. Cat-backs are highly overpriced IMO, unless you can find a local shop to weld something up for you for a good price. There will not be a performance difference as far as muffler vs cat-back.

As for the intake, doesnt matter either. AEM uses dry filters, K&N uses oiled filters.

Or you can see what other people say:
http://coloradofans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=51786

1 - 7 of 7 Posts