Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking to buy a 2007 5 cylinder 4 door to help a family member. I’m trying to make a high but fair offer. It has 88k on it. Known issues is something kills the battery if it sits for a few days and randomly if you drive it and get back in it won’t start for a few minutes. Could someone give me a idea of a fair but high end offer?

·
Registered
2018 Kinetic Blue Ex-Cab ZR2 V6
2,063 Posts
Use KBB.com to find the estimated book value and target between the "Good" or "Fair" price range. Without knowing the exact cause of the issues, expect it to be considered "Fair" condition.

Regardless of if you are buying FROM or FOR a family member, never inflate the price for someone else's benefit. If you are buying FROM a family member, you are already doing them a favor. If you are buying FOR a family member, you owe the seller nothing extra.

·
Registered
7,873 Posts
The thing where it will not start when getting back in is due to the Pas-Lock, it is a safety system, when you try to start it and it fails you have to wait 10 minutes before it will start.
There are ways to remedy it, replace the pas-lock switch, replace the complete ignition switch, (pas-lock switch is inside the ignition switch) jumper it out.
to baby it, get in truck, put key in ignition all the way, ait 2 seconds then turn the key....

or and re-read what Hooogan said, good advise

1 - 3 of 3 Posts