Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed a light bulb on my 2006 colorado 2.8 liter. I was in a hurry and left lights on. Came back out 3 hrs later battery dead. Jumped battery, truck would not start. Drivers side window and locks won't work either. Passengers side will. Battery is good. Changed master fuse. Truck will still not start. Checked fuses. Battery light and engine light on. No clue, totally stumped.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
I changed a light bulb on my 2006 colorado 2.8 liter. I was in a hurry and left lights on. Came back out 3 hrs later battery dead. Jumped battery, truck would not start. Drivers side window and locks won't work either. Passengers side will. Battery is good. Changed master fuse. Truck will still not start. Checked fuses. Battery light and engine light on. No clue, totally stumped.
Do you mean it won't even crank? Or it cranks but won't start?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Is there any chance you tried to jump the truck backwards (negative to positive and vice versa) and fried some computers?

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Cranks but won't start.
Did you check all the fuses in the under hood box? Check for a bad connection at/near the battery. That's where I would start.
You don't have the little lock light (passlock) on in the dash do you?
Being that the wipers don't work now I'm thinking bad connection in/at the fuse box. Try wiggling wires around there and see what happens.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you check all the fuses in the under hood box? Check for a bad connection at/near the battery. That's where I would start.
You don't have the little lock light (passlock) on in the dash do you?
Being that the wipers don't work now I'm thinking bad connection in/at the fuse box. Try wiggling wires around there and see what happens.
I did check every fuse and all relays. Nothing. Now today the wipers are working. Window lock still doesnt work and car won't start. No pass lock light on dash not on. Tried wires, nothing.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
I did check every fuse and all relays. Nothing. Now today the wipers are working. Window lock still doesnt work and car won't start. No pass lock light on dash not on. Tried wires, nothing.
I would seriously look into this, sounds like the one near the battery, let us know what happens.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts