Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I STILL have the goddamn ABS fault on the dash and my speedo doesn't work after replacing both hubs with high quality Moog hubs. About 5 years ago I had the ABS fault light come on and I traced it down to the passenger side hub which I replaced and it got rid of the problem for 5 years. This time I just replaced both since I was in there but the light has not gone away. I did the passenger side first, drove it for a while, light didn't go away. Then I hooked up my ABS code scanner and the scanner said front left ABS circuit so I figured, sweet it's the driver's side hub so I replaced that but goddamnit the ABS light is STILL on and my speedo still doesn't work. UGH. Luckily it's a manual shift truck otherwise I'm sure the trans wouldn't shift right. No engine codes whatsoever.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Your Vehicle Speed Sensor (on the transmission) is bad. That effects both the speedo and the comparison between wheel speeds, ergo the ABS fault. And your are correct, on an automatic it would not shift at the right times.

Been there, done that, had the same frustrating results with the scanner as you. My ABS codes showed before the speedo quit working, and I chased the problem for what seemed like forever. Then the speedo quit and the transmission was simultaneously strange, so it finally clicked to me what was happening.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Your Vehicle Speed Sensor (on the transmission) is bad. That effects both the speedo and the comparison between wheel speeds, ergo the ABS fault. And your are correct, on an automatic it would not shift at the right times.

Been there, done that, had the same frustrating results with the scanner as you. My ABS codes showed before the speedo quit working, and I chased the problem for what seemed like forever. Then the speedo quit and the transmission was simultaneously strange, so it finally clicked to me what was happening.
I STILL have the goddamn ABS fault on the dash and my speedo doesn't work after replacing both hubs with high quality Moog hubs. About 5 years ago I had the ABS fault light come on and I traced it down to the passenger side hub which I replaced and it got rid of the problem for 5 years. This time I just replaced both since I was in there but the light has not gone away. I did the passenger side first, drove it for a while, light didn't go away. Then I hooked up my ABS code scanner and the scanner said front left ABS circuit so I figured, sweet it's the driver's side hub so I replaced that but goddamnit the ABS light is STILL on and my speedo still doesn't work. UGH. Luckily it's a manual shift truck otherwise I'm sure the trans wouldn't shift right. No engine codes whatsoever.
It may be a defective ABS sensor. Can you post he ABS code number?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts