Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just completed the upgrade to my stereo system!!! I now have a touch screen JVC dvd/cd player with Android Auto, 4 new 6.5" JVC 2 channel speakers, 2 x 1.5" JVC tweeters, 2 x 10" Kicker Comp C subwoofers, a Blaupunkt 2 channel amp for the subwoofers, and a 4 channel amp for the rest. It sounds soooo awesome!! I'm so happy!! Woot!!

·
Registered
658 Posts
Glad you are enjoying the new system!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, man! I drove around the neighborhood for about an hour this morning jamming out to The Cult. Think I'll go out again this afternoon and do some Billy Idol. Gotta expose todays generation to the greatness of the '80s!

·
Registered
2012 Chevy Colorado 3.7L Crew Cab LT 2WD, 2005 Chevy Colorado 3.5L Extended Cab Base Z8Q 2WD
5 Posts
I'm looking to upgrade the stereo in my '12 Colly. Does the JVC also have Apple CarPlay and if so do you have to have it plugged in?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It does have Apple Carplay. You can either plug it into the USB or use Blue Tooth. I've done both with the Android auto and Apple Carplay (my wife has an i-phone). I have been using bluetooth lately though. Easier in my opinion.

My wife has a 2018 Subaru Outback with a real nice stereo system, and mine is way better, imo.

·
Registered
2012 Chevy Colorado 3.7L Crew Cab LT 2WD, 2005 Chevy Colorado 3.5L Extended Cab Base Z8Q 2WD
5 Posts
What is the model number of the JVC? As long as I can use Pandora over Bluetooth. That’s all I need.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The model is JVC KW-V850BT... I love it more every day! The box says you can use up to 5 phones with it, but I don't understand exactly what that means. Maybe you can keep up to 5 phone profiles on it. Not sure. But yah, Blue Tooth Pandora is greatness!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also, Just so I don't misrepresent what I have... I have been playing Pandora using the app on my phone along with the Blue Tooth Music feature on the radio. The radio also has a Pandora app on it, but I don't know exactly how that works. But when I have pandora on my phone running through the blue tooth music, I see the title of the song and artist etc. on the radio screen. Just wanted to make sure you are at least somewhat clear about what I have. Any questions, just ask!

·
Registered
658 Posts
And here I'm happy finally having a factory CD player in the truck....

Glad you're enjoying the new radio.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you, sir! I went about 10 years with blown out speakers and no cd player. Talk radio was about all I could listen too. And I hate politics! Thank God for Sports Radio! HAHA

1 - 10 of 10 Posts