Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took truck to Chevy and they said right tail light needs a new socket. However, it is no longer carried by Chevy parts nor could they give me a part number.
Can anyone provide a part number? Do I need just the one socket or do I need the string of sockets?

·
Registered
9,982 Posts
Took truck to Chevy and they said right tail light needs a new socket. However, it is no longer carried by Chevy parts nor could they give me a part number.
Can anyone provide a part number? Do I need just the one socket or do I need the string of sockets?
It might take some searching but I bet after the after market like Dorman makes them.
You need whatever sockets are bad and you will have to wire them into your existing harness.
Also you could check into new assembly's, the LED ones will have it all built in and you just plug into the old harness.
As for replacement stock one they will likely be missing the sockets so that's no good.
check this out. 70 bucks for the whole thing, not bad at all.
I recently bought a new antenna for my 2016 colly and they were great.

Reactions: WV NATIVE

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It might take some searching but I bet after the after market like Dorman makes them.
You need whatever sockets are bad and you will have to wire them into your existing harness.
Also you could check into new assembly's, the LED ones will have it all built in and you just plug into the old harness.
As for replacement stock one they will likely be missing the sockets so that's no good.
check this out. 70 bucks for the whole thing, not bad at all.
I recently bought a new antenna for my 2016 colly and they were great.
Do I need to know how to wire it or is it just plug n play?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts