Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think i should go for in the rear?? the lift shackles or add a leaf?? or better yet which is cheaper and easier?

·
Registered
9,570 Posts
I've had both the shackles and the AAL. I prefer the AAL because of the hauling and towing I do.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
gawillet said:
I'd get an entire new leaf spring pack. Like the Skyjacker CCR25S. I'm just speaking from personal experience with very very bad stock leaf springs.
Can you order that separately? That would be cool to see someone do it as another option for the back 2.5" lift....

canyon_man said:
What do you think i should go for in the rear?? the lift shackles or add a leaf?? or better yet which is cheaper and easier?
To answer the dude who started the thread... Decide on what the truck will be doing, if you are hauling and towing, the AAL will be preferred over the shackles. The shackles will work fine if the truck is just for play.

Either install is not too complicated and there are write ups here for both. :wink:

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Yes you can order just the spring pack just like you can order just the AAL. The AAL will stiffen the ride.

Here's how I personally would break it down.

- Shackles are for looks only really, not much tow/haul.
- AAL or shackles with helper air bags (and spacers) for more tow/haul.
- AAL and helper air bags for some serious tow/haul.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts