Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just finished watching the TFL Truck new video on the GMC Sierra w/3.0, was really shocked that it is only rated to tow MAX 7,800lbs on 2WD only model, 7,600lbs on the 4WD model with max highway mpg rating of 28 and city rating of 18. Just seems like the Twins is a better buy, especially with the cheapest trim package it will be available on starts at 47k + (Diesel engine option).

·
Registered
43 Posts
Interesting. I was really excited about that truck. Maybe when I step up, it will be to a RAM Ecodiesel, my coworker has one and pulls a 6000 lb toy hauler with it, and says it never breaks a sweat.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting. I was really excited about that truck. Maybe when I step up, it will be to a RAM Ecodiesel, my coworker has one and pulls a 6000 lb toy hauler with it, and says it never breaks a sweat.
I just pulled an Airstream 25FB and it seemed to pull it without much stress... took it up I75 to GA and back, so pretty flat commute.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 3.0 in the 1/2 ton has a max tow in the proper configuration of 9,700 lbs is official numbers from GM.
Where was that posted? in the video they said 7800lbs, because the listed weight of the double cab pickup with the diesel was 7200lbs... with a GCWR of 15,000lbs

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Where was that posted? in the video they said 7800lbs, because the listed weight of the double cab pickup with the diesel was 7200lbs... with a GCWR of 15,000lbs
The GCWR should give it away right there. This truck weigh ~7500lbs? Reviewers never mess up...

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think you linked the video from a few months ago. Here is the latest post from TFL with the 9,700lb figure from the official specs. There was a spec leak a few months ago that everyone started reporting on as official when it wasn't yet.

TFL official 3.0 specs revealed

·
Registered
3,485 Posts

There’s no way the 1500 diesel weighs 7200LB. That is likely the GVWR considering the gas 1500 has a GVWR ranging from 6,800 to 7,100LB with a curb weight up to 5,155LB. The diesel option doesn't add over 2,000LB to the weight of the truck.

That being the case, let's say the diesel tops out at 5,300LB curb weight. With a 200LB driver that's 5,500LB. 15000 GCWR - 5500 = 9,500LB max tow. That's my guess as to what it'll be, anyway.

EDIT: In the TFL link above it even states the GVWR is up to 7200LB. That is not the curb weight, so if the now-deleted TFL video said curb weight instead of GVWR they goofed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
@Storx, that video has been taken down. Not sure if because it was posted too early (media embargo) or due to content/factual reasons. Considering there are zero other sites reporting the full specs of the Duramax 1500 I'd have to say they goofed in both the accuracy of the content and violated the media embargo but likely took the video down due to the embargo.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Shame that only .2 liters gets an extra 100hp and 100tq... That would be nice to have.

Not at all NECESSARY, but nice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts