Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  • I have had the trifecta advantage tune (~$300) for about two weeks now and I enjoy it. It definitely effected how the transmission shifts. In my opinion it makes acceleration smooth when not giving it the beans. When giving said beans, the truck is more inclined to stay in a lower gear to give you more of the 200 ponies you got. I would happily recommend it if you aren’t happy with the truck’s normal transmission logic. It does not feel like it has given the truck extra power and does not remove the speed limiter (93) so if you are looking to race a 2.5l i4 Colorado buy a turbo or a different vehicle.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
welcome to the forum, glad you like the trifecta, post a picture of this said truck...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
welcome to the forum, glad you like the trifecta, post a picture of this said truck...
Thank you. My truck is basically stock. It’s a 2017 2.5L i4 WT 2wd. I just put an exhaust on it (magnaflow straight-through). I was thinking about creating a video of how it sounds this weekend and posting on the forum. But besides the exhaust the truck has stock everything and 5% tint. If you still want to see it I’ll snap a picture in all of its stock glory before the video

·
Registered
18 Posts
Question, i drive an hour to work everyday and notice that when going up a small hill it likes to go up to 4,000 or 5,000 rpms going 70. I hate it, it dosnt dig deep and just go up the hill.

Are you saying that the tune will help me with this issue ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Question, i drive an hour to work everyday and notice that when going up a small hill it likes to go up to 4,000 or 5,000 rpms going 70. I hate it, it dosnt dig deep and just go up the hill.

Are you saying that the tune will help me with this issue ?
I think the tune will make your truck more likely to go to higher rpm in every situation. It changes how the pedal reacts. So before if I wanted to down shift on the highway to pass someone I would have to push my pedal all the way in for it to drop to fourth gear and give me power. With the trifecta advantage tune I push the pedal in halfway and it drops me to third gear screaming at 6000 rpms. Although I don’t feel much torque from the truck until about 3000 rpm, at least in my truck.

·
Registered
158 Posts
  • I have had the trifecta advantage tune (~$300) for about two weeks now and I enjoy it. It definitely effected how the transmission shifts. In my opinion it makes acceleration smooth when not giving it the beans. When giving said beans, the truck is more inclined to stay in a lower gear to give you more of the 200 ponies you got. I would happily recommend it if you aren’t happy with the truck’s normal transmission logic. It does not feel like it has given the truck extra power and does not remove the speed limiter (93) so if you are looking to race a 2.5l i4 Colorado buy a turbo or a different vehicle.
Your truck has a speed limiter at 93? Your truck must be an auto or mine must be an odd ball because my 19 Canyon WT with the manual trans I have yet to hit one yet. I was definitely thinking about getting the trifecta tune for my truck in the next 20k miles when the warranty is up but if by getting a tune it would add a limiter then I don’t want it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your truck has a speed limiter at 93? Your truck must be an auto or mine must be an odd ball because my 19 Canyon WT with the manual trans I have yet to hit one yet. I was definitely thinking about getting the trifecta tune for my truck in the next 20k miles when the warranty is up but if by getting a tune it would add a limiter then I don’t want it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My truck is a 6 speed auto. And it had a limiter before. If you contact trifecta I am sure you could ask them if you put the tune on the manual would it add a speed limiter. They usually got back within in 1 business when I asked a question.

·
ColoradoFans.com Site Sponsors
585 Posts
We can raise the speed limiter to match the speed rating of your tires. Stock, they are a T rated tire, so our calibrations are automatically issued with a raised limiter to match that rating, which is 115 mph. We do not raise it above the tires rated speed. We do this out of safety concerns. But it's not a problem at all to raise it :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We can raise the speed limiter to match the speed rating of your tires. Stock, they are a T rated tire, so our calibrations are automatically issued with a raised limiter to match that rating, which is 115 mph. We do not raise it above the tires rated speed. We do this out of safety concerns. But it's not a problem at all to raise it :)
I would like to raise my trucks speed limiter. How would I go about getting this done?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you. My truck is basically stock. It’s a 2017 2.5L i4 WT 2wd. I just put an exhaust on it (magnaflow straight-through). I was thinking about creating a video of how it sounds this weekend and posting on the forum. But besides the exhaust the truck has stock everything and 5% tint. If you still want to see it I’ll snap a picture in all of its stock glory before the video
Have a video of the exhaust? Thinking of doing the same but afraid of the ricer sound.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Have a video of the exhaust? Thinking of doing the same but afraid of the ricer sound.
I am having problems uploading the videos on to this post. If you have another avenue to receive it. I can send it there. I have a video of what my truck sounds like cold and what it sounds like once it has warmed up

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ok, so, the truck doesn't have a speed limiter, and the trifecta tune adds one? Did I read and understand that correctly?

·
Registered
Base 2019 2.5l, 6 speed manual, trifecta tune, MBRP cat back
13 Posts
I installed the trifecta tune this morning on my manual 2.5L, and it's like a new truck. I'm pretty much thrilled with it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok, so, the truck doesn't have a speed limiter, and the trifecta tune adds one? Did I read and understand that correctly?
My truck had a speed limiter before I installed the tune. All I was saying was the tune didn’t remove the limiter. If it adds one to trucks without one already is something you would have to ask trifecta or one of the manual guys.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I haven't found a limiter on my truck yet, as I don't drive in an area that is conducive to high speeds. Mountains outside of Yosemite means 70 is flying. Lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the manual, so not the shift... however, in aggressive driving it now holds the RPMs on upshift so it doesn't lose momentum, and off throttle is MUCH quicker.

Took a little bit of adjustment to the way it drives, but it's so good through the powerband, that I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
2015 Colorado LT 2.5L automatic RWD, CCSB, Brownstone Metallic
41 Posts
So I bought and installed the tune a few days ago. 2015 2.5L/auto. The shifting seems a bit better and it's not in such a hurry to get into top gear.

I've noticed that starting off in first gear, unless I give it the beans it feels a bit slow, but in second gear on, it feels faster, and from 2,500 RPM on it feels like a rocket ship compared to before. Then once to cruising at 40 mph on city streets, it's like holding back a pack of very motivated race dogs. Still getting used to how the throttle responds, though working from home under the governor's stay-at-home order is limiting how much and how far I drive now that I'm not doing my daily commute. I assume it adapts to the driver's style eventually.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts