Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In April, I ended the lease on my 2017 GMC Terrain SLE2 with the V6 and AWD drivetrain. I worked out a 3 year lease deal on a 2019 Cardinal Red GMC Canyon SLE 4X4 Crew Cab Short Box (V6). It has the Towing Package, SLE Convenience Package and dealer installed All Weather Floor Liners. I've been really happy with my experience so far.

I find the 3.6 V6 to be adequately powered, with plenty of low end torque. The 8 speed auto seems to know what gear to be in and kick down doesn't feel frightening. The 4WD system hasn't raised any issues, however it's only been engaged 2x (trailering and leaving a wet, grass parking lot). Tow/ Haul was adept at keeping the truck within a steady powerband while pulling ~3,000lb of HS Robotics equipment. Fuel economy from the 21 gallon tank has been between 18 and 20 mpg while mixed driving, cylinder deactivation seems to help without being noticable.

The interior is nicely laid out with the latest infotainment being intuitive and easy to use. Materials are acceptable for a truck, with key touch areas being nicely padded. Rear leg room is a joke behind a comfortable driving position, however the fold flat seats and floor "cubbies" provide ample storage space in the cab. The 6 speaker system is surprisingly good for what it is, but the driver side mirror becomes useless when the bass kicks in (I'm still mixed about the "spotter" mirror). The ride is surprisingly comfortable and smooth, steering is light (and provides a good turning radius) but the truck never feels unsteady.

The overall styling is more truck like in my opinion with the boxed off front end. I do like the way the clear taillights look and the led accents in the front head lights do add a bit of class in a mid tier trim. The corner step is simple but effective to get in and out of the bed easily, however the chrome finish feels a little out of place.

Overall I'm very happy with the truck. I've gotten so used to how it drives, swapping to a smaller SUV for a day felt off-putting. I do wish I had heated seats and the Bose system, but it's not a big deal breaker.

·
Registered
69 Posts
In April, I ended the lease on my 2017 GMC Terrain SLE2 with the V6 and AWD drivetrain. I worked out a 3 year lease deal on a 2019 Cardinal Red GMC Canyon SLE 4X4 Crew Cab Short Box (V6). It has the Towing Package, SLE Convenience Package and dealer installed All Weather Floor Liners. I've been really happy with my experience so far.

I find the 3.6 V6 to be adequately powered, with plenty of low end torque. The 8 speed auto seems to know what gear to be in and kick down doesn't feel frightening. The 4WD system hasn't raised any issues, however it's only been engaged 2x (trailering and leaving a wet, grass parking lot). Tow/ Haul was adept at keeping the truck within a steady powerband while pulling ~3,000lb of HS Robotics equipment. Fuel economy from the 21 gallon tank has been between 18 and 20 mpg while mixed driving, cylinder deactivation seems to help without being noticable.

The interior is nicely laid out with the latest infotainment being intuitive and easy to use. Materials are acceptable for a truck, with key touch areas being nicely padded. Rear leg room is a joke behind a comfortable driving position, however the fold flat seats and floor "cubbies" provide ample storage space in the cab. The 6 speaker system is surprisingly good for what it is, but the driver side mirror becomes useless when the bass kicks in (I'm still mixed about the "spotter" mirror). The ride is surprisingly comfortable and smooth, steering is light (and provides a good turning radius) but the truck never feels unsteady.

The overall styling is more truck like in my opinion with the boxed off front end. I do like the way the clear taillights look and the led accents in the front head lights do add a bit of class in a mid tier trim. The corner step is simple but effective to get in and out of the bed easily, however the chrome finish feels a little out of place.

Overall I'm very happy with the truck. I've gotten so used to how it drives, swapping to a smaller SUV for a day felt off-putting. I do wish I had heated seats and the Bose system, but it's not a big deal breaker.
Great, thanks for sharing! I plan on doing this in the coming weeks after I cross the 1,500 mark or so.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
The mirrors/visibility are definitely the weak point on the Colorado/Canyons. I went with the Boost mirrors for towing, but find them to be an incredible improvement just for everyday driving.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
11 months later and this truck is still going strong. I've got 11,100 mi on the odometer and averaged 15 mpg over the past 230 mi. May not sound impressive but that's with some 4x4 time in the snow as well as a 40 mi round trip pulling a trailer. Normal trips net a 16-18 mpg average (2wd).

Besides scheduled maintenance, no stops at the dealer. The truck has broken in well and no serious squeaks/ rattles to be found. I've gotten used to the driving position and find the seats to be adequately comfortable. Everything still feels like it's in easy to reach locations and the 8" screen is just right.

The truck seems to lurch into drive gears, however it is nothing alarming and stops/ starts still provide smooth shifts. The breaks are still confidence inspiring and while it doesn't drive like a sports car, it holds a compliant ride.

Overall I'm very happy with this truck and would be hard pressed to find a better deal (especially leasing)... While the SLE trim holds good value, I do have a small wishlist.

I would rather see all terrains over the all seasons on a 4x4 package. I would also like to see the tow package come with the factory TBC by default. I also wish heated seats and the Bose (or a more substantial) sound system was included, however it seems to have worn in well. In all nothing that would keep me from returning to a GM Midsize, but nice to haves...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts