Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
802 Posts
I think you'll need the transfer case drop spacer to correct the angle.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
407 Posts
I just did this on my 15 all terrain. No good pics of the truck yet. The CV joints and ball joint angles aren't as bad as some say. I'll be doing a differential drop(cheap, just a few bolts).

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
802 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just did this on my 15 all terrain. No good pics of the truck yet. The CV joints and ball joint angles aren't as bad as some say. I'll be doing a differential drop(cheap, just a few bolts).

sorry, I used the wrong lingo, it's a front differential spacer kit and no, you 'll need to add the 2 spacers basically thick washers and 2 longer bolts, but the alignment will fix the toe angle from the lift. The spacers are like $40.Click here.
https://autospringkits.com/product/2015-2017-gmc-canyonchevy-colorado-front-differential-drop-kit/

So coming from a 2wd, this is all new to me, I gotta do the Diff Drop before I add the spacers?

Can you guys tell me where the bolts are to be replaced? (pic):nerd>:)

·
Registered
407 Posts
I haven't put my diff drop in yet.

So on a 4wd you not only need to pay attention to the upper ball joint angles but also the CV joint.

The CV is the drive axle and steep angles wear the universal joints in them out faster. The differential drop, which is a cheap item, lessens the angle of the CV joint. Some say it is not needed but what can it hurt to do it even if the angles don't look bad.

·
Registered
216 Posts
You don’t have to do the dif drop before the leveling kit...there’s really no point in putting it on if you don’t have a level kit or lift. I have the AutoSpring one that is posted above. There’s instructions with the dif drop.. it’s 2 bolts and 30 minuets max. It’s kind of a bitch getting everything lined up once you take the factory bolts out. The instructions don’t mention this, but if you use a long, thin punch or screwdriver to stick through the bolt holes when you are putting the new bolts in, it will save you a ton of frustration and time lining everything up. There’s rubber bushings between the dif and the frame that will allow some play so you can pry with your screwdriver and line one side up at a time while placing the bolt no the other side. Once you get under your truck this will make more sense.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Also, do not take out both bolts at the same time. I removed the passenger side bolt and put in the longer bolt where it was loose. Remove drivers side bolt and install spacer and bolt. Then do pass. side. Like Thegraraham77 said a small line up bar or screwdriver is a ton of help. I would also spring for the autospring kit. My 2" spacers came with the small plastic spacers and would chose not to use them. Bought the autospring kit.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What Thunderbear said.
Much better set up. I just did the bilsteins a week ago and the ride is awesome.
even on an all terrain? i'm supposed to have better springs allready

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.