Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have a 2006 chevy colorado Z71 4X4 that I want to lift. I don't want to go all out just about 2 to 3 inches. I was thinking of this suspension kit. I don't want to spend too much money just about $100. I don't know a lot about suspensions and lifts so please be aware of that :)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Looks like either one will work.

I'd suggest not cranking the torsion bars over 2" though. You'll still have a decent ride at 2".

Even at a 2" lift you'll likely need to drop the front differential to keep your cv axles happy.

Luckily you can build homemade diff drop spacers with washers and save a few bucks.

You'll also need an alignment after your lift so factor that into the cost.

Also, good luck with those rear shackle bolts. I hope you don't live in the rust belt.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Im sure it says something in the post....but your only purchasing basically a lift for the rear. The diff kit, like said can be made with just some washer from the local hardware store. And for the front your just cranking your stock keys. So you really just buying a set of rear shackles...

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
If you want to lift your rear -end 2 inches you will need 8 inch shackels, when I had my 2011, I bought a pair off e-bay that said for a 2 inch lift. put them on and I got about a 1.5 inch lift, measured hole to hole and they were 7 inches.

check out Suspensionmaxx to see what how to drop the front diff, I bought the spacers and bolts they sell but you can do the thing with washers from Lowe's, you do not need the Key's, stock Keys work fine

1 - 4 of 4 Posts