Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i was wondering whats the best box i can make or buy for 2 15's that i want ported. i got 2 d6 diamonds and a 1000d memphis amp any suggestions would be great. thnx
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
356 Posts
You will probably get many different answers to this. I think there probably isn't an answer, because it depends on too many other things, ex.) airspace you can provide, is it for SPL or SQ, and other than that...I don't know, and i doubt anybody knows for sure the best. I can say, however, that subs up, port up sounds good, subs facing to the front,port up sounds good, walls sound good. But if you want to compete and you put in a wall, you will be in the class with some hard hitters and they will probably beat you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont want it for competition i just want some ideas of a box for 15's thats ported and go from there. I dont want to make a wall or anything just a box for 2 15's ported.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
356 Posts
look into aero ports (precision ports) and specs for your 15's in a box with those. They sound clean and loud, many options with these.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is there a site to go to or anything i dont know alot about boxes and honestly dont know where to look.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
356 Posts
check out some audio forums and websites like: realmofexcursion.com, or google precision ports, aero ports, or you could google and download a free box designing software.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,005 Posts
southsidehustler said:
is it for SPL or SQ
I'm honestly not trying to be a smart ass but I had to chuckle at this.
I think it goes without saying that with two ported 15's...there is no question it's not about SQ. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
356 Posts
yeah, I don't know what the hell I was thinking. I should have said: Is it completely for SPL competitions or do you want something that will have a little more sound quality, like more of a streetbeat setup.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,261 Posts
TexasXtreme said:
southsidehustler said:
is it for SPL or SQ
I'm honestly not trying to be a smart ass but I had to chuckle at this.
I think it goes without saying that with two ported 15's...there is no question it's not about SQ. :lol:
Are you sure about this?? :rofl :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,005 Posts
colorado_clean said:
TexasXtreme said:
southsidehustler said:
is it for SPL or SQ
I'm honestly not trying to be a smart ass but I had to chuckle at this.
I think it goes without saying that with two ported 15's...there is no question it's not about SQ. :lol:
Are you sure about this?? :rofl :wink:
:D Me....A Smart Ass....Sure I'm Sure.... :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i basically just want it so it can be heard a good ways away but not sure what kind of box etc... and also i dont know how to have the subs facing
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,589 Posts
it wont matter too much which way the subs are facing IMO... You are pretty much going to have to build a wall though with that much sub and a port to go with it. Do you have experience with woodworking? If not this is probably a project you'd be better off letting a competent car audio shop tackle..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
Maxximus said:
i basically just want it so it can be heard a good ways away but not sure what kind of box etc... and also i dont know how to have the subs facing
i have two 12s in my extended cab the port is on the middle and it faces up the box sits up against the rear passenger door and comes just behind my shoulder thats big enough for me my **** pounds....and since i have the room and never more than one passenger im lookin at puttn in a third i get goosebumps just thinking about it lol...but ya 15s ported pretty safe to say the bigger the better
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top