Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2018 CCLB, Z71, Black, 3.6L V6 w/8 Speed Transmission
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
Never participated in any kind of forum before but I'm stoked to see all the people who are so active/helpful on here.
Just sold my '05 Silverado and bought this little beauty on Wednesday. Excited to be part of the Colorado Crew! She's stock but y'all have given me some big ideas in just a few days.
Long term plans is to turn this into a light duty overlanding rig. Goals are lifting/leveling to fit 265/70/17, some additional lighting all around, exhaust for better sound, but still maintain as my daily driver.

Cheers!
-Country

·
Registered
514 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you join us

·
Registered
2018 Colorado CCLB Z71 in Silver Ice Metallic
187 Posts
Welcome fellow CCLB owner!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello all,
Never participated in any kind of forum before but I'm stoked to see all the people who are so active/helpful on here.
Just sold my '05 Silverado and bought this little beauty on Wednesday. Excited to be part of the Colorado Crew! She's stock but y'all have given me some big ideas in just a few days.
Long term plans is to turn this into a light duty overlanding rig. Goals are lifting/leveling to fit 265/70/17, some additional lighting all around, exhaust for better sound, but still maintain as my daily driver.

View attachment 399516

Cheers!
-Country
Nice truck! Welcome!

Reactions: oxCOUNTRYBOYxo

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome fellow CCLB owner!

It’s good to be here. I recently poured over your entire lift level thread. Very excited to get to doing that to mine very soon. CarMax but a brand new set of whatever brand tires are on there so I’ve got that long to save up for tires and the kit!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice truck! Welcome!
Thanks. Looked at a couple of your posts. I love what you did to yours. I think I’m pretty much sold on the RC 2” strut replacement kit when my time comes!

·
Registered
2018 Black Chevy Colorado Z71, 4 door long bed
18 Posts
It’s good to be here. I recently poured over your entire lift level thread. Very excited to get to doing that to mine very soon. CarMax but a brand new set of whatever brand tires are on there so I’ve got that long to save up for tires and the kit!
Awesome and welcome. I've got the same truck and year. Any idea what lift you're looking at doing?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome and welcome. I've got the same truck and year. Any idea what lift you're looking at doing?

Going to use up these tires that dealership put on here and then going to install the Rough Country 2” strut replacement leveling kit. If I can find a good place to get them I’d also like to add a leaf spring in the back (raises rear ~1”) to help add some towing capability.
Then adding on 265/70/17 AT tires of some sort. I need to research how heavy the new tires will be. I’d prefer to stay in the 40-50 lb range to be nice to my ball joints, breaks, and transmission.
How about you?

·
Registered
2018 Black Chevy Colorado Z71, 4 door long bed
18 Posts
Going to use up these tires that dealership put on here and then going to install the Rough Country 2” strut replacement leveling kit. If I can find a good place to get them I’d also like to add a leaf spring in the back (raises rear ~1”) to help add some towing capability.
Then adding on 265/70/17 AT tires of some sort. I need to research how heavy the new tires will be. I’d prefer to stay in the 40-50 lb range to be nice to my ball joints, breaks, and transmission.
How about you?
I've seen some good feedback with the RC full strut replacement. I ended up going with just the rough country 2" level kit spacers. Not super satisfied with them but it will suffice until my stock tires wear out. I was thinking about the bilstein 5100 RHAs.

·
Registered
2018 Colorado CCLB Z71 in Silver Ice Metallic
187 Posts
How about you?
I did a lot of research on the tire choices before I bought. If you stay with p-metric you should have no trouble keeping under 50 lbs / tire. I ended up whittling it down to falken wildpeak, nitto terra grappler, and Toyo Open country AT3 because they were all 3-peak rated all way cheaper than the ko2's. Of the three the Falken was the heaviest at just over 45lbs. I ended up with the Toyo's and have been very happy so far.

·
Registered
2016 Colorado WT, crew cab long bed
164 Posts
I went with the 2” rough country level kit and wish I would’ve just waited to do bilsteins and eibach +2” spring. Lots of choices for levels and lifts. I actually have a black cclb and the rough country 3.25” kit and 265/70s combo looks amazing on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I did a lot of research on the tire choices before I bought. If you stay with p-metric you should have no trouble keeping under 50 lbs / tire. I ended up whittling it down to falken wildpeak, nitto terra grappler, and Toyo Open country AT3 because they were all 3-peak rated all way cheaper than the ko2's. Of the three the Falken was the heaviest at just over 45lbs. I ended up with the Toyo's and have been very happy so far.

I had the open country’s on my Silverado that I sold. They were great on snow and on highway. That’s great to know. I’ll keep them in mind again

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
CCLB ftw! Voted hard tonneau, add a pop-n-lock actuator for easy bed locking and use that yuuuuuge storage area!
Thanks for the vote! I’m leaning towards the hard tonneau first because I think it’ll give me some needed storage space and also because I think it’s going to be the most expensive mod (after tires/suspension combo) that I need to make

·
Registered
21 Posts
I went with the 2” rough country level kit and wish I would’ve just waited to do bilsteins and eibach +2” spring. Lots of choices for levels and lifts. I actually have a black cclb and the rough country 3.25” kit and 265/70s combo looks amazing on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol, another one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts