Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Diesel 4x4 CCLB Longtravel Canyon (Overlandish...)

So I figured it is time I start one of these build threads after trolling so many of Y'alls builds. I've never really been one for forums so please correct me if I screw something up. Anyways here we go.
Quick background me first, Father of two. We are a very adventure based family and have been wanting to get into overloading for a while and I am a huge diesel guy so this is the best fit.

Now the truck.
So I bought it brand new and its got about 15000 miles on it now. List of mods so far. I will add pictures of additional things added to the truck as they come. please let me know if you would like more info or pictures.

Bedrug Bedliner
WeatherTech Full Package
ARE Camper Shell Topper
LED Bedlights
LED Interior Lights
Xpel Stealth series full wrap
3M Vinyl roof wrap
Ceramic series window tint all the way around including windshield
Mr.Hood Scoop Factory Scoop
M-Rack Stealth series roof rack
2x 45" Single row curved OZ-USA lights
SuperSkidz #1-4
2x Red Maxtrax and mounting pins
ARB twin compressor
ARB inflator and deflator
Viair 2.5 gallon tank
589Fab Shock skidz and compressor mount
3" Flo Pro Turbo back exhaust With Pypes 5" tip
EFI Live Tuned and Deleted by Kory Willis @ PPEI Tuning
Raceline Shift 18x9 -12 Offset Custom Drilled
35x12.50r18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers
Bajakits +2.5 kit with King Coil overs

I normally post lots of pictures on my Instagram @Lbzcoop - Former LBZ owner

Attachments

Reactions: F8LZ71 and lqdchkn

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can you give feedback on the M-Rack? Any noise? Any issues with how it mounts?

Looks awesome!
If you are not ok with drilling into your roof don't buy!
The install took about 45 minutes but you have to have one of the Nutsert Rivet guns. You could probably rent one from Autozone or something.
As far as noise, Without a light bar on the front it is pretty loud. My light bars will be here today hopefully and then I can advise better. You cant beat the fit though. It is so low profile and I love the way you can mount to any part of the Aluminum cross bars. Plus the side lights are awesome features as well. I plan to get one for the camper shell as well since they have the option for a complete level surface across the the entire top.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got one of the tires mounted yesterday to see how much I am going to have to work on these fenders and it looks like a pretty good bit. The tires are 35x12.5r18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Since no one makes a fender for the Canyon yet I'm just going to have to put it in the shop and let some of my techs go wild with their imagination.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I mounted up on of the tires on the rear and it's pretty snug. Also got the light bars mounted on the rack

Attachments

·
Registered
194 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Very snug. Expect some rubbing? Time to lift her some more
Yes, there will definitely be some rubbing on bumps until the spring under kits comes in from Baja kits. Hopefully, before I go to Montana this Christmas.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
which lights did you end up going with
Well, I found out that a regular 50" dual row curved bar will not fit. It is too big. Also one single row 45" curved is the only one I could find to fit but with only one bar it was way too loud so I added a second slim single row and now it works great no noise.

·
Registered
194 Posts
well you've mostly convinced me of going this route. just considering getting the lights advertised. just looks a bit different. would be curious how they function. what did you do to manage the lights? spod or relays? if you have photos that would be immensely helpful

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Lots of new goodies.
Two sets of red Maxtrax and mounting pins
ARB twin compressor, inflator and deflator
Viair 2.5 gallon
Super skidz @589FABrication shock skidz and compressor mount
I also removed the front air dam finally as well as installed a couple of decals I had been holding on to for a while and added some new ones.

The best score of all was the CVT Mt. Rainier Summit Extended Stargazer with the annex room and pelican case used one time. The guy bought it new in May and was getting deployed to Japan next month so he couldnt take the tent and let me have it all for $1700. Freaking awesome.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got the new tent mounted up and broke it in this weekend

·
Registered
46 Posts
where did u mount the air tank?

·
Vendor
106 Posts
Where did you mount the air tank? And how are you going to run the air?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
where did u mount the air tank?
Where did you mount the air tank? And how are you going to run the air?
I mounted it under the bed where the spare tire used to be. The airline will be run under the truck from the passenger side front wheel-well, Then have a quick connect in the rear bumper. I will post pictures once I run the airline.

Reactions: mexica

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So just some quick pictures and updates.
Got the @589FAB compressor mount in with the viair tank in. shock skids as well. and just a little more vinyl just because.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So just a few quick update pics on how the truck looks now. Its been a while since I posted on here.

Attachments

Reactions: F8LZ71

·
Registered
47 Posts
Well, I found out that a regular 50" dual row curved bar will not fit. It is too big. Also one single row 45" curved is the only one I could find to fit but with only one bar it was way too loud so I added a second slim single row and now it works great no noise.
So you have the same C Series 45in bar they're advertising on the website as a package deal now?

http://www.kchilites.com/roof-racks...yon-colorado-45-c-series-roof-rack-92041.html

If so, good to know that it had low noise once fully installed. That's what I plan to buy. On the phone with KC they said they're having fitment issues and it'll take a few weeks to get them resolved.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 Chevy Colorado ZR2 Bison
31 Posts
Awesome build! which front bumper is that?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.