Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2016 Canyon SLT. So I have been noticing the last few weeks in the morning drive to work when I only have the vent on with the vent/floor switch selected as the only illuminated light on the HVAC controls that all of a sudden the vents start pushing cold AC air. In order to stop the AC from blowing I have to turn on the "auto" HVAC switch and then turn it off. Normal outside vented air then continues as normal. Turning on the AC switch and then turning it off does not fix the issue, only selecting then deselecting the auto switch fixes it. Anybody experiencing this? I search the forum but didn't see this issue posted.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Haven't heard of that before, it will kick on if you defrost, but sounds like you're not using that. When it happens you should see if the clutch on the A/C compressor is engaged.

·
Registered
207 Posts
This has been covered many times. These trucks detect the humidity and if it gets to a certain point it HAS to turn on the A/C to remove some of it, especially in the mornings if you are drawing in outside air which is very humid. That's why when using Auto is almost always is recirculating and not drawing outside air.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the details.

·
Registered
599 Posts
This has been covered many times. These trucks detect the humidity and if it gets to a certain point it HAS to turn on the A/C to remove some of it, especially in the mornings if you are drawing in outside air which is very humid. That's why when using Auto is almost always is recirculating and not drawing outside air.
That's right, forgort about that. I believe you can turn that off in MyLink vehicle settings or hit the recirculate button.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.