Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I don't know if anyone else would want these but I am getting reports that if we are able to get 10 people willing to commit to purchasing a set then that is the breakeven point where companies like Fiberwerx and McNeil would make them.

I thought I'd just throw this out there in case there are others with the 2nd gen Canyons that would like to buy fenders and bedsides. The Colorado guys already have the option through both McNeil and Fiberwerx so I am hoping to generate some interest here. I'd let my truck be the mock up truck so that they can design the fenders

Just thought this would be a good place to get the conversation started.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I am currently getting a steel set modified for my canyon but I would replace them with fiberglass ones for sure. Fiberwerx is willing to build the fenders when I talked to them about a year ago, but I live way too far north for me to drop off my truck there.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am currently getting a steel set modified for my canyon but I would replace them with fiberglass ones for sure. Fiberwerx is willing to build the fenders when I talked to them about a year ago, but I live way too far north for me to drop off my truck there.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
Hit them up again and let them know that I am more than willing! I’ve got something to drive while they have the truck and everything. I’m just not sure that I have the correct contact to get anywhere.

I am curious though, how are they modifying the steel ones? I’d love to see some photos!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hit them up again and let them know that I am more than willing! I’ve got something to drive while they have the truck and everything. I’m just not sure that I have the correct contact to get anywhere.

I am curious though, how are they modifying the steel ones? I’d love to see some photos!

I just sent you a PM.

To answer your curiosity about the metal fenders, I am having 2" added to the center of the wheel well arch. This will push the back of the wheel well back towards the door. The very upper front tip of the fender will be about 1/4" wider, with a flat area beside the headlight light the raptors, it will be a wider section compared to the Fiberwerx Colorado fender. Between the front tip of the fender and the "A pillar" area extra metal will be added to bring it out 3" wider. It is gradually added, so its not like its 3" wider everywhere, I think it takes about 10-12" from the tip towards the back to get to 3" wider. The back of the fender by the door will have a section added in to make the fender mate back up with the door seam area. The back of the fender curves down to the stock mount. This back section is on an angle towards the door, so the door can fully open and nothing contacts the fender. This way it keeps the stock GMC dimple thing above the fender, even though I hope the fiberglass ones are more pronounced and visual like the 2014+ Sierra Fiberwerx fenders. Doing the fenders this way required me to get a different front bumper that would be easy to add to and make wider, so I already purchased the Fab4 vengance bumper. I am not a huge fan of the bumper right now, but hopefully it will change. If I still don't like it by spring time I am going to make a tube style prerunner bumper :smile2:

I hope that gives you a good idea of what we are trying to make it look like. I already have custom mudflaps in my possession to put on the truck so the exposed body doesn't get hammered by gravel and salt up here.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just sent you a PM.

To answer your curiosity about the metal fenders, I am having 2" added to the center of the wheel well arch. This will push the back of the wheel well back towards the door. The very upper front tip of the fender will be about 1/4" wider, with a flat area beside the headlight light the raptors, it will be a wider section compared to the Fiberwerx Colorado fender. Between the front tip of the fender and the "A pillar" area extra metal will be added to bring it out 3" wider. It is gradually added, so its not like its 3" wider everywhere, I think it takes about 10-12" from the tip towards the back to get to 3" wider. The back of the fender by the door will have a section added in to make the fender mate back up with the door seam area. The back of the fender curves down to the stock mount. This back section is on an angle towards the door, so the door can fully open and nothing contacts the fender. This way it keeps the stock GMC dimple thing above the fender, even though I hope the fiberglass ones are more pronounced and visual like the 2014+ Sierra Fiberwerx fenders. Doing the fenders this way required me to get a different front bumper that would be easy to add to and make wider, so I already purchased the Fab4 vengance bumper. I am not a huge fan of the bumper right now, but hopefully it will change. If I still don't like it by spring time I am going to make a tube style prerunner bumper :smile2:

I hope that gives you a good idea of what we are trying to make it look like. I already have custom mudflaps in my possession to put on the truck so the exposed body doesn't get hammered by gravel and salt up here.
Wow that is quite a job! I’m really excited to see how that ends up! I’ll bet that will look really great.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well folks I got a reply from Lucas at Fiberwerx and he said that they are planning to do the GMC Canyon fenders and bedsides as a project and to let him know when I have the suspension on and that they will get to work!

Suspension goes on around the 20th of December then soon after that it will head to Fiberwerx for them to start mocking it up. He said around 4 weeks after that they will have the first articles on my truck and then they’ll be ready to produce!

I’m not sure how many of you guys shot them an email to make this happen but we did it!

I for one am extremely excited!!

·
Vendor
106 Posts
Count me in.

·
Registered
37 Posts
You can definitely count me in on this as well.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice!

Now lets get into some details. Fiberwerx is letting me put the wheel/ tire combo on the truck that they will build the fenders to.

I'm thinking that I'll put 0 offset wheels and 35 inch tires as that is kind of the standard.

These along with the +2.5 in the front (5" of overall stance) and some 2" wheel spacers in the back for the bedsides.

Everyone agree? Anyone disagree? Suggestions?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Nice!

Now lets get into some details. Fiberwerx is letting me put the wheel/ tire combo on the truck that they will build the fenders to.

I'm thinking that I'll put 0 offset wheels and 35 inch tires as that is kind of the standard.

These along with the +2.5 in the front (5" of overall stance) and some 2" wheel spacers in the back for the bedsides.

Everyone agree? Anyone disagree? Suggestions?
Any updates on this? My set up is the same but I have -12 offset.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Any updates on this? My set up is the same but I have -12 offset.

Hey man,

I'm just waiting for the prerunner kit to come in from and then I'll be sending it off to Fiberwerx.

There were some slight delays in getting the Prerunner kit but once that comes in we will be moving right along.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey man,

I'm just waiting for the prerunner kit to come in from and then I'll be sending it off to Fiberwerx.

There were some slight delays in getting the Prerunner kit but once that comes in we will be moving right along.
Yeah I had some delays with mine but it's on now finally. It's so wide with these wheels

·
Registered
37 Posts
How are you liking it?
It rides amazing, I'm supper happy with it. I just wish there were fenders for the canyon already out there.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts