Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I purchased a 12" sub the other day assuming it would fit fine in my crew cab. I wanted to put it in front of the middle seat and behind the center console and have it downfire into the floor, but the sub itself just barelyyyy fits in this space, which scares me in terms of fitting the box. This sub is too big for under the as it is not a shallow mount. Does anyone have a 12" sub in their crew cab that could help me out with some ideas or box dimensions? Or do any of you creative people have any suggestions?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
There are two awesome designs I have seen, I will fish them out of the search results.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can build a console tht comes up on the seat and wraps around under the seat. I've done it and have seen other people do it as we'll.
Thanks guys, rockford was the one you built ported? I was thinking of having the sub up on the seat area (it's too big to be on the ground part, won't fit) and have the box go down to the floor with the port at the bottom. My only concern is how it will sound with the way the air will travel? Anyone have any experience with this?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I own a 2007 colorado crew and I fit 2 10" kicker comp R subs down fired at the floor under the seat and they fit just fine...in my opinion 2 10's is the best way to go if u hook em up right

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey did you have to lift your back seat up? If so how much and with what? Also can you show some pictures of your box? Id like to see it if possible. Also dimensions would be GREAT

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2017 Colorado and was wandering if I could put a dual 12 in sub in the back seat dont feel like cutting a whole through the cab or bed to put 15s in the bed.
Just wanting alot more bas out of my audio.

·
Registered
2020 WT Crew Cab
25 Posts
Subthump.com has a couple boxes designed like that. Also, there is a Facebook group called "Sub Box Builders" that has a lot of people posting very similar designs. You might check them out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts