Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got some 1.5 wheel spacers for 2019 All Terrain today and they didn't come with thread locker. Was wondering if I should use the blue on the spacer to hub bolts. Thanks

·
Registered
234 Posts
Just got some 1.5 wheel spacers for 2019 All Terrain today and they didn't come with thread locker. Was wondering if I should use the blue on the spacer to hub bolts. Thanks
I used the Blue thread lock on mine and also used a torque wrench. Never had an issue with the nuts becoming loose. If you want to rest easy after installing them, especially with all the people that advise against spacers, use the thread lock. Mine have been on for a year and a half and haven't had any issues.

Reactions: MattZ71

·
Registered
5,085 Posts
what brand? I have had my Borla spacers for over a year with out any thread lock, who knew....

·
Registered
2021 Chevrolet Colorado Z71
68 Posts
Just installed my 1.5 bora spacers right now! Love the look haven't went for a drive yet tho.

Reactions: KER17Z71

·
Registered
234 Posts
what brand? I have had my Borla spacers for over a year with out any thread lock, who knew....
I have the Titan 1.5". As long as they are torqued to the right spec, there shouldn't be any issues. Same as the wheels. Just took a little precautionary measure.

Reactions: Hunter62

·
Registered
234 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Are you planning on getting any fender flares?
I haven't decided yet. Right now I think I like the way it sits but that might be because it's just different. Well see in a couple weeks if I feel I want to get some flares. But for now its badass looking.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I haven't decided yet. Right now I think I like the way it sits but that might be because it's just different. Well see in a couple weeks if I feel I want to get some flares. But for now its badass looking.
Just keep an eye out for rock chips on your fenders and/or scrapes and scratches on the side of your truck from your wheels slinging rocks and dirt. I have the same setup with added oem fender flares but have been looking for a while for some wider ones.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I used the Blue thread lock on mine and also used a torque wrench. Never had an issue with the nuts becoming loose. If you want to rest easy after installing them, especially with all the people that advise against spacers, use the thread lock. Mine have been on for a year and a half and haven't had any issues.
thanks

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I read on Borla's site after posting this that they recommend not using locktite ,I just torqued them to 140 and will recheck torque after a few 100 miles.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Just keep an eye out for rock chips on your fenders and/or scrapes and scratches on the side of your truck from your wheels slinging rocks and dirt. I have the same setup with added oem fender flares but have been looking for a while for some wider ones.
Just because of the price I was thinking about even trying these out.
Look at this on eBay

What you think?

·
Registered
733 Posts
I've used wheel spacers on a couple trucks. Treat them as a wheel. Torque once, no Loctite. Both sets have seen hard off-road use and never any issues. I check the torque whenever the wheels come off and they have never loosened, as no wheel ever does if properly torqued.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Just because of the price I was thinking about even trying these out.
Look at this on eBay

What you think?
Those look like the bushwacker flares and I've looked at those for the colorado from ebay as well. The biggest issue with a lot of fender flares is the fitment. I mean, if the tape is on correctly and is pressed up against the truck properly you should be fine. I've even seen complaints about bushwacker flares which cost $400+ so who knows.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have the same setup with added oem fender flares but have been looking for a while for some wider ones.
How much did the oem flares end up costing you? I was contemplating those.

·
Registered
234 Posts
How much did the oem flares end up costing you? I was contemplating those.
I think I paid around $250 from one of the GM parts websites. Not sure which one. If you go that route definitely shop around like GMPARTSDIRECT, GMPARTSSTORE, etc. They all look the same but they all differ on shipping. I found one of them that only cost about $25 to ship whereas another site was over $100. The colorado oem flares do fit the canyon.

·
Registered
310 Posts
all looks great, and im not bashing anyone here.....BUT why get spacers if your just gonna add fender flares? I mean to me it doesnt make since....You want to widen the look, but put fender flares on and it looks the same as before? It seems like you defeating the purpose almost....

·
Registered
234 Posts
all looks great, and im not bashing anyone here.....BUT why get spacers if your just gonna add fender flares? I mean to me it doesnt make since....You want to widen the look, but put fender flares on and it looks the same as before? It seems like you defeating the purpose almost....
I get what you're putting down. I added spacers to get rid of the stupid sucked in look. Looks even worse with the little 2.7" lift from the eibachs. I also didn't want to chip up my fenders. They still stick out a bit passed the OEM fender flares a bit. I also like the contrast on my red truck.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I get what you're putting down. I added spacers to get rid of the stupid sucked in look. Looks even worse with the little 2.7" lift from the eibachs. I also didn't want to chip up my fenders. They still stick out a bit passed the OEM fender flares a bit. I also like the contrast on my red truck.
Just to clarify, if I get 1.5 inch spacers for my 2021 Z71 midnight edition, Im going to have to worry about the paint getting all messed up from normal driving? I have the factory flares and it seems as if the 1.5 inch spacers will put the tires even with the flares.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Just to clarify, if I get 1.5 inch spacers for my 2021 Z71 midnight edition, Im going to have to worry about the paint getting all messed up from normal driving? I have the factory flares and it seems as if the 1.5 inch spacers will put the tires even with the flares.
Looking at mine, they are even with my flares with falken wildpeaks. I also have the eibachs set at 2.7in lift. If you don't have the lift they may be out a little wider because the wheels get sucked in a bit with the lift. I would just measure and extra 1.5in on what you have now and see where it puts you.

Reactions: yellowcolorado21
1 - 20 of 20 Posts