Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went with the 1.25" kit from Zone since I occasionally tow a boat, I was concerned I'd squat too much with the 2". My installation only added 1" and while it looks great with the slightly bigger Falken Wildpeak AT3W 265/65R18, I think 2" would have been better. May upgrade at some point. Here are the before and after pics.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Wheel Car Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle

Tire Wheel Photograph Car Vehicle

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Synthetic rubber

·
Registered
47 Posts
Went with the 1.25" kit from Zone since I occasionally tow a boat, I was concerned I'd squat too much with the 2". My installation only added 1" and while it looks great with the slightly bigger Falken Wildpeak AT3W 265/65R18, I think 2" would have been better. May upgrade at some point. Here are the before and after pics. View attachment 418710
View attachment 418712
View attachment 418711
View attachment 418708
View attachment 418709
Looks great with new tires.

·
Registered
2021 Z71 Colorado Midnight Crew 3.6, 1.25" Trail FX level kit
107 Posts
and tinted the front windows, looks good.

·
Registered
2016 white Z71 CCSB, 3.6L
1 Posts
How do you like those Wildpeaks? I have the same lift and have been looking hard at those or the KO2s. The KO2s are just sooo expensive.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Looks great! Any rubbing? I have a ‘21 Z71 and I did the Zone 1.25”. I also only got an inch of lift from it. I have 17” wheels and looking to upgrade the tires in a similar diameter very soon. I’m between the AT3Ws and Grabber ATXs. I’m thinking about upgrading to the RC 2” leveling struts.

·
Registered
2016 GMC Canyon minimax
62 Posts
How do you like those Wildpeaks? I have the same lift and have been looking hard at those or the KO2s. The KO2s are just sooo expensive.
I have the same Wildpeaks on two different Canyons that I have owned, and the KO2s on our Suburban. I would never by the KO2s they are ridiculously noise to the point it gives me a headache on long drives, where as the Wildpeaks only are only have a very slight noise at very low speeds ( less than 20km/hr) when turning, other wise they are almost silent.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Went with the 1.25" kit from Zone since I occasionally tow a boat, I was concerned I'd squat too much with the 2". My installation only added 1" and while it looks great with the slightly bigger Falken Wildpeak AT3W 265/65R18, I think 2" would have been better. May upgrade at some point. Here are the before and after pics. View attachment 418710
View attachment 418712
View attachment 418711
View attachment 418708
View attachment 418709
Are you rubbing with the wild peaks? I too am considering going with some wild peak at3 but don’t know if there would a be a lot of rubbing I am putting a 2 inch RC leveling kit on my truck. By the way your truck looks really good!

·
Registered
71 Posts

Just installed a 1.25” level kit in the front and Falken Wild Peak AT3W 255/80R17. True 33” tire. No rub and they ride so much better than the stock duratracs.
Also removed the heat shield and was able to fit the new spare in the original spot with no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
523 Posts
I have the same Wildpeaks on two different Canyons that I have owned, and the KO2s on our Suburban. I would never by the KO2s they are ridiculously noise to the point it gives me a headache on long drives, where as the Wildpeaks only are only have a very slight noise at very low speeds ( less than 20km/hr) when turning, other wise they are almost silent.
I have the ko2's on my Colorado. They look fantastic but yeah, they are loud. Might get the wildpeaks next time.

Reactions: JDL24

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I love the Wildpeaks. I had Hankook Dynapro ATMs on my 4Runner and the Wildpeaks are much more aggressive looking. But as quiet on the road as the stock tires. Took me awhile to sell the old tires, only got $200.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks great! Any rubbing? I have a ‘21 Z71 and I did the Zone 1.25”. I also only got an inch of lift from it. I have 17” wheels and looking to upgrade the tires in a similar diameter very soon. I’m between the AT3Ws and Grabber ATXs. I’m thinking about upgrading to the RC 2” leveling struts.
I have the slightest rubbing at full lock sometimes. Nothing I'm even slightly concerned about. I just bought the 1" RC pre-load spacer for $10 and was going to take it to 2" total. But the guy at the shop talked me out it, said it may be a tad high in the front afterwards and will definitely have a noticeable sag while towing. He thought it looked great as is. His phone had a level app and he showed me how the frame is almost perfectly level. It's the slope of the bed that tricks the eye. I'll sleep on it, but he may have saved me $300+ in labor.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have the ko2's on my Colorado. They look fantastic but yeah, they are loud. Might get the wildpeaks next time.
Yeah, I didn't want a loud tire. That's why I waited for a High Elevation vs getting an AT4. And now that I have nice tires and blacked out the GMC emblems, I think it looks even better than an AT4.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Are you rubbing with the wild peaks? I too am considering going with some wild peak at3 but don’t know if there would a be a lot of rubbing I am putting a 2 inch RC leveling kit on my truck. By the way your truck looks really good!
Let me know about how yours sits after the 2". Maybe a pic too. I'm still not convinced 2" would be too much on mine. After the Zone 1", I'm still 1/2" and 3/4" short up front when measured at the wheel 8wells.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
There are times I can clearly still see more rake than I want, and other times it looks perfect. I think in these two pics you can barely tell it still has rake. Bottom line, you can argue about 1" vs 2" but the stock rake sucks so at least 1" is a must!
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Car

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Cloud Automotive side marker light

1 - 14 of 14 Posts