Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 09 colorado 4cyl manual. in cold weather it sometimes doesn't start. It act like i'm not pushing down the clutch. meaning lights come on but no start. Oftentimes after five ten minutes it will start up. It is an intermittent problem but has only happened in winter. could this be the clutch safety switch or is there a more likely option? thanks in advance and let me know if there is any more info you need.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
:welcome to C-Fans.

You made no mention of any attempts to find the source of the problem, so start from the top. Remove the battery connectors and clean thoroughly. There can be a bad connection even if you don't see anything and it is tight.

The clutch switch is not a simple on/off switch. It is referred to as a sensor. It can be replaced relatively cheaply though. Part number is 25912943 and with a Dealer price of about $12 it probably isn't worth it to try aftermarket or online ordering.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I had a 04 cavalier manual that did that for a few months and then one day the started shorted out and went up in smoke took the alternator with it. Idk if that’s what’s going on with yours but that was my experience.

·
Registered
10,627 Posts
i have an 09 colorado 4cyl manual. in cold weather it sometimes doesn't start. It act like i'm not pushing down the clutch. meaning lights come on but no start. Oftentimes after five ten minutes it will start up. It is an intermittent problem but has only happened in winter. could this be the clutch safety switch or is there a more likely option? thanks in advance and let me know if there is any more info you need.
Could be the switch, does it do it when in neutral? That would be the way to know for sure.

Could be the starter, lots of things really.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jscotm, it does happen in neutral. greco di you mean to say the starter shorted out on yours? cart i will check the terminals more closely but they looked pretty clean. thanks for your help everyone. I might switch out the switch just to start eliminating variables.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.