Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was up at the show again this year and once again chevy decides not to promote the colly much. With the explosion in the pickup market in the past years i feel they missed the mark to redesign the colly and get a jump on everyone else. Below is piks of the only 2wd colly there. It has some nice wheels but I don't see where they are listed on the sticker or if they are fullsize rims bored out just for the show? Most interesting NEW trucks come suprisingly from of all Suzuki. Their one 2wd truck is awesome along with their 4x4. You should see their rims, sweeet. Anyways go to my 08 auto show album and look for yourself at http://community.webshots.com/user/flameredram

[/img]

[/url]

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Sweet pics. Thanks for sharing man. I sure do love that Challenger. I think out of the Mustang, Camaro, and Charger it looks more like the old one. Its fuggin SWEEEET

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
J-man67 said:
Sweet pics. Thanks for sharing man. I sure do love that Challenger. I think out of the Mustang, Camaro, and Charger it looks more like the old one. Its fuggin SWEEEET
yeah the challenger is bad arse....38,000 g's is a little steep if you can even get one. the LS9 vette is also bad...i havent got it up yet but i will tonight...they had the chassis vertical up in the air awesome plus it has a clear piece in the hood thats sweet. i just read amc is going to revive their muscle cars...the gremiln looked kewl along with a rambler and even the pacer! :eek:

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
38 gs is really not all that bad for that car, but I'm sure they are marking them higher than even sticker at this point, very cool car though, it does look a heck of a lot like the original. Even a hemi charger (4dr) is 36K sticker, just was looking at one at the mall today. Cars aint cheap these days.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
but come on bumblebee is sweet and costs less than the challenger and gets over 30 MPG with the V8

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
M_O_Z said:
but come on bumblebee is sweet and costs less than the challenger and gets over 30 MPG with the V8
exactly...the introduction of the new camaro is to compete with the new base mustangs which you can get in the low 20's...its all about entry level prices so the average joe can afford them thus equally mucho sales. look at my album from the auto show 2007 and theres an orange hugger convertible camaro that is equally sweet. i think dodge is trying to cater to the baby boomer market which has the big bucks to spend rather than the new generation which doesnt have that type of money. oh by the way the challenger is an SRT8 which is the top of the line. dont know if they will have a base model with say a 6cyl that would be affordable.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
did the colorado have the 4.6L V6? :lol: j/k

those wheels are dealer installed accessory. they are rather expensive.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Man gm it's been 4 years and pretty much 0 chages at all on this truck, put a new 04 next to a new 08 and you would not be able to tell which one is which. Not to mention bringing a truck with the ugliest color i have ever seen on a truck doesnt help much either, yuck baby blue on a colly is disgusting to look at imo. :?

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Bigdogx said:
Man gm it's been 4 years and pretty much 0 chages at all on this truck, put a new 04 next to a new 08 and you would not be able to tell which one is which. Not to mention bringing a truck with the ugliest color i have ever seen on a truck doesnt help much either, yuck baby blue on a colly is disgusting to look at imo. :?
2 new engines, new interior colors, new ecm/tcm, new colors, new tow ratings, new standard features

quite a few changes through the years

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
twopoint8 said:
Bigdogx said:
2 new engines, new interior colors, new ecm/tcm, new colors, new tow ratings, new standard features

Hell why don't you throw in that they changed the border colors on the brochure also. :roll: Whatever I'm not here to get into a argument i want to see gm succeed and sitting on their hands and keeping the same boring interior design and choice of tires that make all Colorado's look like [email protected]@ from the factory is not going to help things one bit.

·
Registered
101 Posts
victoryredcolorado said:
Was up at the show again this year and once again chevy decides not to promote the colly much. With the explosion in the pickup market in the past years i feel they missed the mark to redesign the colly and get a jump on everyone else. Below is piks of the only 2wd colly there. It has some nice wheels but I don't see where they are listed on the sticker or if they are fullsize rims bored out just for the show? Most interesting NEW trucks come suprisingly from of all Suzuki. Their one 2wd truck is awesome along with their 4x4. You should see their rims, sweeet. Anyways go to my 08 auto show album and look for yourself at <URL>

<pics>
Those wheels are GM Accessory Wheel ST400s: http://www.gmaccessorieszone.com/index. ... hopb2b_pi1[division_name]=Chevrolet&tx_gmshopb2b_pi1[vehicle_name]=Colorado&tx_gmshopb2b_pi1[year]=2008&tx_gmshopb2b_pi1[sub_product_group]=18%20inch%20Wheel%20-%20ST400&tx_gmshopb2b_pi1[type]=gm_wheels

·
Registered
229 Posts
I know there are tire and wheel updates for 09, but the biggest addition will be the V-8 and the comeback of the ZQ8 suspension.

·
Registered
401 Posts
victoryredcolorado said:
Most interesting NEW trucks come suprisingly from of all Suzuki. Their one 2wd truck is awesome along with their 4x4. You should see their rims, sweeet.
The Suzuki trucks are just going to be rebadged Nissan Frontiers. Mechanically identical, just different grille.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Bigdogx said:
twopoint8 said:
Bigdogx said:

Hell why don't you throw in that they changed the border colors on the brochure also. :roll: Whatever I'm not here to get into a argument i want to see gm succeed and sitting on their hands and keeping the same boring interior design and choice of tires that make all Colorado's look like [email protected]@ from the factory is not going to help things one bit.
x2 I thought if anything they would change that god awefull interior. Boring industrial grade plastic.
You know they won't change that body much. That's what sets it apart from the rest.
They must be trying for more female buys with that baby blue.
Are those chromed rims on that Z71?

·
Registered
382 Posts
What make is the camo truck? And what is the black thing running up the front quarter to the windshield?
Also ,is that grey one a fullsize suzuki truck?

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Zdog said:
Bigdogx said:
twopoint8 said:
Bigdogx said:

x2 I thought if anything they would change that god awefull interior. Boring industrial grade plastic.
You know they won't change that body much. That's what sets it apart from the rest.
They must be trying for more female buys with that baby blue.
Pace Blue is neither baby blue nor feminine in hue. Pace Blue does not photograph well, have you actually seen it?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Zdog said:
Yeah, they're a factory option, usually in the high option packages. I've only seen them on crew cabs though.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Zdog said:
What make is the camo truck? And what is the black thing running up the front quarter to the windshield?
Also ,is that grey one a fullsize suzuki truck?

the camo truck is a nissan titan and the black thing is the air intake. what grey truck are you talking about?

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
victoryredcolorado said:
M_O_Z said:
exactly...the introduction of the new camaro is to compete with the new base mustangs which you can get in the low 20's...its all about entry level prices so the average joe can afford them thus equally mucho sales. look at my album from the auto show 2007 and theres an orange hugger convertible camaro that is equally sweet. i think dodge is trying to cater to the baby boomer market which has the big bucks to spend rather than the new generation which doesnt have that type of money. oh by the way the challenger is an SRT8 which is the top of the line. dont know if they will have a base model with say a 6cyl that would be affordable.
Yes, the Challenger will be coming out later with the regular 5.7 hemi and a V6. That thisng is going to be a dog trying to lug all that weight around. :|

1 - 20 of 37 Posts