Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Suppose to be 09 model year next fall, but knowbody knows for sure, there has even been talk they may not do the 5.3 idea with the new tighter gov. mileage standards, if they do, there could be a hefty tax on Rado with the 8.

There has been talk of 3.6 v6 direct injection motor from the caddy used, it would have 304 hp and get better gas mileage than the current i5.

A diesel option is always a possibility in the future too.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Yes, but we all know the 5.3 definately is not going to be available for the 08 model year as they said maybe in 09, but nothing is set in stone, things are always subject to change and from the looks of things, they have, so dont count on it for even 09.

·
Registered
13,487 Posts
Curt said:
There has been talk of 3.6 v6 direct injection motor from the caddy used, it would have 304 hp and get better gas mileage than the current i5.

A diesel option is always a possibility in the future too.
The talk of both of these exists solely on these boards, too.

The V8, at least there was confirmation from GM that it was going to happen, although we don't know when.

coolbrother2002, it was originally printed in the 08 brochure, and then it was pushed back to the 09 model year. We won't know if it'll make it into 09 or not until they start making the 09s this July.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
coolbrother2002 said:
well it was an 08 brochure i was looking at...
how many times do we have to say it? they jumped the gun, the truck didn't crash test like they wanted and now its on hold. got it? good

·
Registered
261 Posts
I agree that the stringent EPA standards could wind up Killing the V8. I am all for that 3.6 V6 and couple that
to the Saturn Vue Redline 6 speed Auto, grown up size 18 inch rims, and 4WD and AWD as options...GM is
really :censored: the pooch by not combining the inteligent design of the 3.6 V6 that stemmed from the
Grand national V6 (3.8L) they commandeered from Buick/Olds in the late 1980's. Hey Swapfans, V6 3.6
From a Wrecked Caddy might be useful?!!!

·
Registered
283 Posts
OUCH! I just bought a 08 3.7. I will be trading if a V8 colly comes out! Headers and tune will bring out some good power from the 5.3.

·
Registered
8,620 Posts
Time will tell, I had previous plans to order an '08 ZQ8 Canyon with the 5.3 engine, but they discontinued both the ZQ8 and Xtreme versions for 2008. For reasons still not clear, it has been rumored that the ZQ8 will make another debut in 2009, sans Xtreme.

Will GM take the plunge with the 5.3 V8? I sure hope so, as even lowly Dodge has upped the ante with a more powerful V8 for the latest Dakota!

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
CALI_COLY05 said:
I agree that the stringent EPA standards could wind up Killing the V8. I am all for that 3.6 V6 and couple that
to the Saturn Vue Redline 6 speed Auto,
grown up size 18 inch rims, and 4WD and AWD as options...GM is
really :censored: the pooch by not combining the inteligent design of the 3.6 V6 that stemmed from the
Grand national V6 (3.8L) they commandeered from Buick/Olds in the late 1980's. Hey Swapfans, V6 3.6
From a Wrecked Caddy might be useful?!!!
That is a FWD based tranny(6T70) and amounts to turning our trucks into BOF Ridgelines. No thanks.
I wouldn't mind seeing the 5L40 or the 6L50(SRX or CTS) in our trucks at some point but I don't know how adaptable those units are to a transfer case. I know they are both used with AWD systems but I don't know of any aplication that puts one of those with a part time transfer case.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts