Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Pretty new here and happy to find such a great site! I got a car starter, and i was hoping someone can give me a schematic on wiring Parking lights (-) output from the remote starter. The remote starter outputs -500 ma, or you can hook it up to a 12V parking lights output (+). If i use the negative parking light output, that 500 ma is not enough for that circuit (i think, 500 ma seems to small to power lights...), so should i be connecting that through a relay?

Or, i can hook it up to the (+) at the BCM, but it is very hard to access. I removed the kick panel, but the black harness connector is in very awkward place to reach and hook into. Does anyone have tips on how to remove it or make it more accessible?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Necesito ayuda para terminar mi instalación de arranque remoto en GMC canyon 2005 Necesito alguna sugerencia de un sistema que funcione bien para este modelo gracias

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
Hey everyone,

Pretty new here and happy to find such a great site! I got a car starter, and i was hoping someone can give me a schematic on wiring Parking lights (-) output from the remote starter. The remote starter outputs -500 ma, or you can hook it up to a 12V parking lights output (+). If i use the negative parking light output, that 500 ma is not enough for that circuit (i think, 500 ma seems to small to power lights...), so should i be connecting that through a relay?

Or, i can hook it up to the (+) at the BCM, but it is very hard to access. I removed the kick panel, but the black harness connector is in very awkward place to reach and hook into. Does anyone have tips on how to remove it or make it more accessible?
Don't know how to remove the BCM off hand but I'm sure it can't be that difficult.
This shows the neg and pos connections at the BCM

1 - 3 of 3 Posts