Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 18 years I figured it was time to replace spark plugs on my 05 Colorado.even though it only has 60,000 miles on it. I ordered plugs online from Advance Auto (I guess that`s where I went wrong). Listing said they fit my truck. Put the plugs in and it ran terrible and set off a blinking check engine light. I figured I didn`t have one of the coil wires pushed onto the coil right so I took the air box off again (not as easy as you would think) . Since I couldn`t drive the truck with light flashing I ordered a obd scanner. Connected scanner and it indicated misfire cylinder no.2. Figured it must be bad coil so to verify I switched coil 2 and 3 thinking problem would now be cylinder 3. This time scanner showed misfire cylinder 1. Luckily my adult son had similar problem with his VW suv and told me I had to go to the Chevy dealer to get the right plugs. I was skeptical (especially when I found out the dealers price was 15.80 each and I couldn't find the AC Delco 41-103 plugs for less any where else. Put those plugs in and problem solved. The moral of this story is---when auto parts store webpage says "fits your vehicle" it only means the plugs will screw into the hole.It doesn`t mean they are the right plug.I hope this helps someone avoid the ordeal I just went through.

· Registered
8,007 Posts
Absolutely correct, that why it’s best to buy OEM factory parts and not try to save money. It ends up costing you more, trying to cheap out.

· Registered
36 Posts
I echo 16WhiteColly totally. When you supply the free labor versus the cost of a dealership or shop doing the job that's the savings. Don't cheap out on crappy parts then live to regret it. All though your labor is free isn't your time of any value?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts