Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drive my Laser Blue ZR2 to work today. At the outer gate, guard said “Nice truck”. At the inner gate, guard said “Man, love the truck”. Parked in a space, woman walking by said “nice truck”. Went later to get a notebook from the truck and another person walking by said “great truck”. Beginning to think that people like the ZR2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Used to get stopped by the guards when I first got mine in 16 for "random vehicle inspection" he even said he just wanted to check it out haha

Not even a ZR2...

Oh and PS, nice truck!

·
Registered
238 Posts
They definitely stand out in the current truck offerings. Nice Truck

·
Registered
916 Posts
I get compliments on my plain black Colorado WT with stock steel wheels. GM did a great job on the size and the lines, which make the first impression. The head of product development was Mary Barra, the current CEO.

·
Registered
9,051 Posts
I have had not one compliment on my Deep Woods Green ZR2... not one...oh, by the way..Nice Truck!

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Nice truck. I've yet to see a ZR2 in person.

My 2008 Canyon has been around the bock a few times now, but with the Inferno Orange colour, and 4" lift, it still gets compliments now and then, which always makes me happy.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Chatted with a few curious FS truck owners in my gym's parking lot, they were curious more than complementary. My last conversation was with another Canyon owner (15 model) that hates his truck's transmission. He was mad enough about it that you would have thought his 6 speed killed his dog or something. I mentioned Trifecta and getting the trans tuned. He had no idea, said he will look into it. As for my truck, I think it is the bee's knees, so that is all that matters.

Nice truck by the way!

Reactions: dave66rivi

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I've had a few good compliments on my white Canyon SLT. The best was from a woman who called it "absolutely gorgeous" which also describes her fairly well. I figure that's equivalent to about 25 "nice trucks".

Reactions: Payload and JBT

·
Registered
395 Posts
Nice truck! I saw one in my town the other day. I love that grill! It's just something about it that stands out. And the stance of the truck is awesome.
I still love the front of my '16 Colorado. It looks "mean", but that ZR2 has a very cool looking grill.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I still get compliments for mine from random people. It'll be interesting to see how people react to it when I move.

·
Registered
380 Posts
People tell me all the time that I have good looking truck. Summit White 2017 All Terrain. The only other vehicles that I?ve had so many compliments on were my S3 and my Rubicon. I?ve had a lot of new vehicles.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Had mine for over a year and a half and Not a day goes by that i don't get the " nice truck" comment, especially when they see the Duramax Diesel emblem, then the questions and comments start flying.
I get more comments on my Canyon CCLB than i did with my 2015 Denali Duramax 3500 6.6L.
I think because the diesel is such a novelty and new to the small truck market that i get so many comments. " Nice Truck" it is though for sure .

·
Registered
432 Posts
I have had not one compliment on my Deep Woods Green ZR2... not one...oh, by the way..Nice Truck!
Same here. No nods/comments/questions about my Red Hot ZR2. There are lots of new or late-model loaded/modified trucks here in the Fort Worth/Dallas Metroplex, so it probably just blends in with everything else on the road. On the other hand, my 98 full-size Z71 4x4 gets comments/compliments. Go figure.:clueless

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
If it helps, I love the deepwoods green. Wish I could have gotten it on my 2017 Z71. Now I don't see it on the color chart for 2018, I had heard it was going to be offered on other Colorados but seems to be gone now across the board. My Brownstone is gone too but I knew that was over.

Reactions: Hunter62

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
I have get a bunch of nice trucks on my Denali. A lot also on the Quartz Red.

What has suprised me was I had tried to buy a ZR2 and many told me they like my truck better due to the bumper. I was shock at how many did not like the Z bumper.

The surprising part was from other car and truck oriented buddies?

I did not buy one I still defended it as if I had lol!

I could understand the bumper comment from people that have no clue about off reading but these folks know better.

·
Registered
9,051 Posts
If it helps, I love the deepwoods green. Wish I could have gotten it on my 2017 Z71. Now I don't see it on the color chart for 2018, I had heard it was going to be offered on other Colorados but seems to be gone now across the board. My Brownstone is gone too but I knew that was over.
Thanks
I live about 7 miles from the plant where these are made. I have only seen one other ZR2 on the road, but lots of White WT Colorado;s, that all the towns around have bought them. Also lots of stock Canyons/Colorado's. I live 2 miles from the premier local off-road truck place so lots of lifted and decked out FS trucks, plus the Jeep place is just down the road (use to be a block from me) so custom trucks and jeeps are pretty much the norm around here.
I had been looking to get a Z71 but when the wife saw the ZR2 on the lot, she said why don't you get one of those as it is already raised up(she knows I would raise whatever I bought)plus all I wanted was a truck with a AM/FM radio, not all this other stuff I have no clue and really have no reason to learn how to use

Actually if I knew they were coming out with the 100 year addition I might have held off on buying one. Will see how this does on my hunting trips and go from there.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I get a fair amount of compliments on my Red Hot ZR2 , when I was at the Silver Lake sand dunes in July and August I had a bunch of Colorado/Canyon owners asking me questions because they were thinking about updating to a ZR2.

Had a lot of Rubicon and Toyota owners checking it out too!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.