Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2017 GMC Canyon All Terrain, 3.6L V6
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not new to the truck world or even the GM truck world (‘06 Avalanche, ‘13 Sierra Denali) but I am new to the “I own a truck that I work on” world. Just bought a ‘17 Canyon and am excited to turn it into an ongoing project. This forum has tons of great material that I’ve started to comb through. I was able to do a little work already in the first week (TruXedo TruXport tonneau cover and Westin Pro Traxx 5 nerf bars). Looking at options for the air dam next (trim vs removal). Thanks in advance for answers to any questions I may have!

·
Premium Member
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Extended Cab 4WD Summit White
2,264 Posts
Welcome Aboard

Reactions: Doodman4321

·
Registered
6 Posts
Nice truck and welcome, I recently bought the same truck in black. I had the air dam off in the first 24 hours after taking it through a ditch at the back of my property and almost ripping it off. I also could not stand how neutered it made the truck look. I raised mine two inches in the front with a set of bilstein RHA 5100's that also made a big difference in the look and ability to handle that same test ditch.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice truck and welcome, I recently bought the same truck in black. I had the air dam off in the first 24 hours after taking it through a ditch at the back of my property and almost ripping it off. I also could not stand how neutered it made the truck look. I raised mine two inches in the front with a set of bilstein RHA 5100's that also made a big difference in the look and ability to handle that same test ditch.
She's a beaut, Clark. No immediate plans to test the truck's capabilities, but I agree that it looks neutered w/ the air dam. I've seen a few good posts about trimming it, so I may look into that. So many other posts about pros/cons of removing completely, especially if it's more of a daily driver on street conditions.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
So I just ordered the GM CAI and ECU flash (long story short, I wanted to get one now and have it covered by my 4yr/50k mile service plan). I want to do before/after videos to capture the difference. Am I better of doing cold start and revving shortly after? Or starting it up after it’s warm and revving then? I’d do exterior and interior.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts