Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5,335 Posts
there is a TSB an Bulletin for them to change the fluid, no questions asked...
Not sure where people are coming up with this? I have a 2018 with no shudder issues. Printed the SB, and took it to 5 different dealers, and all claim it is true they don't have to do the required testing to satisfy GM any more, but all claim the shudder must be present for the free service.

So if someone knows a Dealer in the outer Pittsburgh area west into Ohio I'd sure like to know, as I've had no luck and get the same story from them all.
Curious. Did you claim to have the shudder to them? Or did just ask for the service, because the TSB says they can do it without performing diagnostics?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Curious. Did you claim to have the shudder to them? Or did just ask for the service, because the TSB says they can do it without performing diagnostics?
The first dealer I went to, I called first to make sure they had the Bosch flush machine and were familiar with the procedure. Service manger said yes and they could do it, Left the vehicle only to come back, and have the manger tell me the vehicle has no shudder. Asked about the SB, and he explained they no longer have to do a scope test for vibration which was required by GM to get the flush. And pointed out the first sentence "Vehicles that are presented with shudder" as they don't have to do the testing, but still check to make sure it's present first, and the ones I went to all claim this.

·
Registered
532 Posts
My 19 had the shutter at 2,000 miles and my dealership was more then willing to do the flush without as much as driving it. Service manager told me it was a common problem therefore he didn't need to drive it. So I call B.S. on those that won't just go ahead and do the flush.

·
Registered
247 Posts
My 19 had the shutter at 2,000 miles and my dealership was more then willing to do the flush without as much as driving it. Service manager told me it was a common problem therefore he didn't need to drive it. So I call B.S. on those that won't just go ahead and do the flush.
Wish I could find a dealer that does not want to verify it exists first, I basically gave up. That's why I asked if anyone knew a Dealer west of Pittsburgh are, even into Ohio some, that will not drive it first, to let me know?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Wish I could find a dealer that does not want to verify it exists first, I basically gave up. That's why I asked if anyone knew a Dealer west of Pittsburgh area, even into Ohio some, that will not drive it first, to let me know?

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
you take it in and reference the Service Bulletin. It is under the drive line warranty.
if not you should have made the flush part of the purchase.

Not everyone has had the shudder but In time it generally appears.

GM went to the new fluid for a reason and put a service bulletin out for a reason so this is a case of if it’s not broke you fix it before it does break.

if your miles. Are not over the TSB should cover you.

Most have noted the transmission functions much better flushed than before.

I do note my 1-2 did improve. It is much better than it was. Related or not it did not happen till the flush.

Most of us have not had issues getting it done some have results depend on the service department you deal with.

In my case I handed them the TSB and 6 hours later it was done no charge. I really did not think it was shuddering but it drives much better.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
[QUOTE="Hunter62, post: 5253767, member: 293274"
Not sure where people are coming up with this? I have a 2018 with no shudder issues. Printed the SB, and took it to 5 different dealers, and all claim it is true they don't have to do the required testing to satisfy GM any more, but all claim the shudder must be present for the free service.

So if someone knows a Dealer in the outer Pittsburgh area west into Ohio I'd sure like to know, as I've had no luck and get the same story from them all.
[/QUOTE]

Mine was done at a Toth GMC Buick in Akron last August. No questions. Just gave them the TSB and even said if It was doing it it was minor. It did not have the railroad track feel most complain of.

·
Registered
247 Posts
you take it in and reference the Service Bulletin. It is under the drive line warranty.
if not you should have made the flush part of the purchase.
I realize, although purchased in 2018 before I realized there were issues, so did not get a purchase with flush. As I stated I've taken in the SB and the ones I have went to want to drive it first and if it shudders they will do it, and mine does not so far with 25,000.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Thought
I realize, although purchased in 2018 before I realized there were issues, so did not get a purchase with flush. As I stated I've taken in the SB and the ones I have went to want to drive it first and if it shudders they will do it, and mine does not so far with 25,000.
Thought you got it later.

Call Toth tell them it shudders and give them the TSB.

·
Registered
5,335 Posts
I could have sworn that on one of the amendments of the TSB, GM directed dealers to flush any pre 3/19 builds still on lots, and why they would flush without testing with a simple customer complaint.

·
Registered
247 Posts
[/QUOTE]
Mine was done at a Toth GMC Buick in Akron last August. No questions. Just gave them the TSB and even said if It was doing it it was minor. It did not have the railroad track feel most complain of.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll have to check into that, if I don't get any closer responses. Roughly a 3 hour round trip, would just hate to drive, only to have them test drive it.

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
[QUOTE="Hunter62, post: 5253767, member: 293274"

[/QUOTE]

When my shudder just started, made an appointment, took it in, told them that it just started the shudder, gave them the bulletin number (they had not seen the bulletin at that time just the TSB) and they changed the fluid.
On the work order it did say the tech drove it and shudder went away when put in tow mode.

Prior to me having the shudder I took my truck in for an oil change and asked the service writer if they had many reports on the shudder?, She was the one who told me about the new tranny fluid.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
G
[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll have to check into that, if I don't get any closer responses. Roughly a 3 hour round trip, would just hate to drive, only to have them test drive it.
[/QUOTE]

Good Luck!

It went well fir me there a while ago I would think it would be the same yet.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts