Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

Short ram intake trouble?

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  GregDAP 
#1 ·
Just got a short ram intake for my 2.9l colorado and it went together well, the air flow sensor fits in well, but I tried starting it and it turned over, then instantly shook and stalled and it does that every time, ive seen some people say you should reset the ecu or something when you do a intake to get the computer to adapt, but I have no idea how to do that, people say disconnect the battery for a while or pull the pcm fuse, ive done both and no difference, is something else wrong or do i need to reset the computer, if so what do i reset and how? Thanks in advance.

#4 · (Edited)
But is the MAF in same location distance wise to the throttle body as stock or was it moved closer or further away? I'm pretty sure you need to do a reprogram(tune), not just a reset, of the ecu if you moved the location of the MAF. Could be running too lean or too rich.

Got a picture of the set up?

Negative battery cable needs to be removed for a couple of hours sometimes to reset the ecu. I usually leave it unhooked over night when i clean my throttle body

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.