Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

2" Coil Lift Spacer - Bigger Tires?

5K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  08Canyon 
#1 ·
I have a stock 2005 Chevy Colorado LS, 2wd. I wanted to add the 2" coil lift spacer to level my truck out. I was wondering how big of tires i could go after the lift, on the stock wheels. I would like to get 31 x 10.5 R15, but not sure if it will rub. And would wheel spacer's help. Thanks!:p

#9 ·
I have a z71 2 wheel drive with 265/70/17 I have aftermarket wheels that are 9.5 wide. Very little rubbing, not even enough to trim, but any wider or taller and I think it wouldnt be good. Havent leveled yet - still debating between torsion turn or a procomp level kit

#12 ·
Please Clarify for me....

I have a 2009 Colorado Z71 (2 WD). I would like it lifted about 2-3 inches.
Should I get spacers for the front and shackles for the rear? What brand/kit do you recommend?

Thanks.

#14 ·
Please look around a little bit on the forums. Questions similar to this are asked every couple of days. Should be easy to find the answers in greater detail than what I'm about to write.

If you truly have a Z71 you have torsion bars. You can lift the rear with shackles then use your torsion bars to bring it up to level. If your factory keys won't allow you to lift enough you'll have to replace the keys.

For starters you can use the search link in the upper right cornerish and type in something like 'torsion bar lift'. That should give you more links than you care to read.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.