Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

Passenger door handle lock

1K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  16WhiteColly 
#1 ·
Ok this is a weird one. I have a 06 with manual door locks/windows. My question is why if manually operated omit the passenger door lock cylinder on the outside....without this you can't open the door for the little lady or load grocery bags without getting in the drivers side and doing the crawl across the seat. Anyone sell an update or was there ever a outside lock cylinder added to a manual lock system?

#2 ·
#4 · (Edited)
Not unless someone had an alarm installed and put door lock actuators in. Otherwise, you would just use the key and hand open. You could get a stereo shop or someone that installs alarms to just add door lock actuators and then you would have a key fob and open one or both at the same time. I had them installed on a GM car. Not expensive at all.

Reactions: White016
#9 · (Edited)
Check ebay. Handle about $18, and a pair of locks about $35. Make sure to read the listings well, so you get the correct finish to match your other handle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.