Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

Wireless Charging retrofit

10K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Rugger 
#1 ·
So I ended up needing to by a new phone, old one would not take a charge.. yay.. ended up with me picking up a retardily expensive phone, an iPhone Xs. So the later trucks comes with a wireless charging point on the center dash, it apparently is too small for the iPhone's as reported by some on the site , and some have retro fitted their existing system with a better one to make it work. My truck does not have that functionality.... it was built long before they put that into the trucks as an option... so my question is, can i retrofit my truck to take the wireless charging or am i essentially screwed? its been talked about on the forum at some point but those were based on existing systems to retrofit, not ones without the option.

#3 ·
Had the same problem in my 2016 model until I started using the charging jack inside the center console. The dash jack would not charge my Garmin GPS either.

#4 ·
Unless you are married to having the charge hardwired, you could do what I did.

The cubby in front of the shifter on my 2015, has a usb plug on the drivers side of the opening. I have a charging pad that is just larger than my XR that fits the space perfectly. Plugs into the USB port. It really kind of disappears and works great.

#6 ·
Would it be possible for you to post a link to the item you are referring to? Thanks.

#7 ·
uuhhh i did look for it but i couldn't find it for the life of me.... I cant find anything on the internet if my life depended on it.. well i was referring to changing my center console to the wireless capable one from a newer truck

#8 ·
Wireless Charger car Wireless Charging pad qi 10W Quick Charger Thin Wireless car Charger Charging pad Wireless Phone Charger 7.5W/5W Wireless Charging Station Dock glaxys9 Charger s8 s6s7 note8(C3)

Here’s what I am using and it works great.

I really wish that pictures were easier to post on this site.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.