Colt200 long travel 2.8 diesel Canyon in progress... - Page 4 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 52Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 70 (permalink) Old 12-26-2018, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colt200 View Post
Was out shopping around a bit today and found a stock all terrain canyon. I forgot how low mine was in the front when I started this.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
Love the low stance. great job, looks fantastic.

Best of Luck,

Mike
colt200 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 12:31 PM Thread Starter

Garage
The truck needs new uniballs, one of the lowers has the teflon slowly being pushed out of them. Time to start shopping for replacements.
F8LZ71 likes this.

2016 GMC Canyon with stuff
1992 BMW 325i, with modded LS3 swap ([email protected] mph)
2011 KTM RC8R w/Akrapovic exhaust
2008 KTM 530 EXC Supermoto
2017 Kawasaki Z125 for clowning around
post #63 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 11:56 PM

Do you have any more info on the custom kickback mudflaps you have?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 70 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 12:45 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBen View Post
Do you have any more info on the custom kickback mudflaps you have?
They are from a company in Lloydminster. Fivestar Auto Accessories. They are mainly a welding/fab shop, the owner just likes modified vehicles too lol.

https://m.facebook.com/fivestarautoaccessories/

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

post #65 of 70 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 12:49 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Was cleaning and lubing up the uniballs after it rained yesterday. Turns out the California powdercoating didn't hold up too well to the Canadian winter. Not sure if I should leave it and let it all fall off, sandblast and repowdercoat when I install new balls, or get it sprayed with box liner. IMG_20190407_103844_009.jpg

F8LZ71 likes this.

post #66 of 70 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Was cleaning and lubing up the uniballs after it rained yesterday. Turns out the California powdercoating didn't hold up too well to the Canadian winter. Not sure if I should leave it and let it all fall off, sandblast and repowdercoat when I install new balls, or get it sprayed with box liner. Attachment 340327

Will the Icon Delta joints fit in those arms?

I was watching Lifestyle Overland last night and his uniballs are failing in his Icon UCAs so he's swapping them out to Delta units. Different applications for sure but his 4Runner takes some abuse on severely potholed road.
Daveski65 likes this.

2018 Canyon SLE CCSB 3.6L - Eibach 2.7" Front Lift | Icon 2.0 rear shocks | 1.5" AutoSprings add-a-leaf + 1" rear lift blocks | DV8 887 179 wheels | Falken Wildpeak A/T3W P285/70/17 | Custom bed rack |Tepui Baja Kukenam RTT | Morimoto HID | Tyger step bars | LED bed lighting | Nilight 60w LED 4" pods | RotopaX, Maxsa traction mats and Recovery Gear | ZR2 skids |
Build Thread

Instagram
post #67 of 70 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 04:42 PM

Quote:
The truck needs new uniballs, one of the lowers has the teflon slowly being pushed out of them. Time to start shopping for replacements.
can you use Icon UCAs with delta joint with the baja kits lower? Maintenance alot easier as all is need is too grease it,they are sealed and have just as much angle as uni-balls,,if nit more.

2016 Gmc Canyon CCLB 2.8 Duramax quicksilver
post #68 of 70 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 04:43 PM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by F8LZ71 View Post
Will the Icon Delta joints fit in those arms?

I was watching Lifestyle Overland last night and his uniballs are failing in his Icon UCAs so he's swapping them out to Delta units. Different applications for sure but his 4Runner takes some abuse on severely potholed road.
Dam beat me to it!!
F8LZ71 likes this.

post #69 of 70 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Was cleaning and lubing up the uniballs after it rained yesterday. Turns out the California powdercoating didn't hold up too well to the Canadian winter. Not sure if I should leave it and let it all fall off, sandblast and repowdercoat when I install new balls, or get it sprayed with box liner. Attachment 340327

Looks like the Powdercoating process was good,,they might have missed a step or not cleaned them very well. Sorry to see they look like that after a yr or soo.

post #70 of 70 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 11:58 PM Thread Starter

Garage
From what I can tell the uniballs are different between the Icon UCA and the Bajakits. Bajakits uses a HIN16TA, a 440 stainless ball with a teflon sleeve in it and the complete unit is 2-1/8" in diameter. Icon uses COMH16T which is chrome plated carbon steel and only 2" diameter. With that said, the Delta-joints are not interchangeable unless you want to have a machine shop potentially fabricate an adapter sleeve? Not sure what to think about the idea of having 2 c-clips holding in the joint, one in the control arm and one in the adapter sleeve. Uniball to uniball, I would think the HIN16TA is better, for our Canadian winter environment anyways.

I tried to get some dimensional drawings from Icon on different delta joints they have for larger vehicles, thinking perhaps they will have a larger outside diameter. As I figured they were not willing to share that info. So I measured the tapers on the stock upper and lower ball joints on our control arms and sent them that info, if they could at least confirm if they have something with the same taper or not... they replied with a hard "no".

FYI, the taper on the stock lower ball joints in our trucks are larger than the taper on the stock Raptor lower ball joints haha. I find this info odd because the Raptor is promoted way more as an off-road capable truck compared to ours. The fat part and skinny part of the tapers are larger in our trucks, and the length of it is also longer in our trucks. With a longer/fatter slope I would think that it would be stronger.

For now I have ordered new replacement HIN16TA joints. Also ordered up some travel limiting straps and I plan on installing them at the same time. While it is apart I will take some measurements of the misalignment spacers and bolt and make some 3d printed copies. With those copies and worn out uniballs I want to send them to www.emfballjoints.com. They are a Canadian business (almost local to me) so that they can build a set of rebuildable joints. A few of my coworkers have their joints in their Dodges and they are happy with them versus their stock ones. Prices are way more reasonable compared to the Icon Delta-joints too. I hope they can have something ready by the next time I need replacements.

https://www.emfrodends.com/collections/uniballs

Something was definitely up with that powder coating/process. I have other items on the truck exposed to similar elements that are just as old and in way better shape :)
F8LZ71 likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode