Right Blinker Fuse - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 11:22 AM Thread Starter

Right Blinker Fuse

Anyone know where the right blinker fuse is located under the hood? I looked on our manual and there is not a direct indication of what fuse is for the right blinkers.

2017 CCSB Z71|Summit White|Eibach Stage 1 3rd Notch|1.5” Rear Block|Nitto Ridge Grappler LT285/70/17|ATX200 Yukon Wheels 17x9 +18|10mm Wheel Spacers|ZR2 Sliders|Blacked Out Badges|Bakflip MX4 Tonneau|Rhino Bed Liner|20% tint front 5% rear|Air Dam Delete|Spyder Black Housing Headlights|LED interior,back up and, reverse lights|Master Muffler Swap|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanutah View Post
Anyone know where the right blinker fuse is located under the hood? I looked on our manual and there is not a direct indication of what fuse is for the right blinkers.
Download the Upfitter manual - link is in one of the stickied threads to top of this forum.

I did a quick look on my 2015: It looks like these are controlled from the BCM and not separately fused. BCM fuses F15, F16 & F17 in the passenger side kick panel appear to be related to the turn signal function.

Probably should ask, why are you needing this information? Give us some background so the next person who has an issue can use your discoveries to locate their solutions.
16WhiteColly likes this.

2015 Canyon SLT, Copper Red, 2WD, CC, SB, V6, Tow, blk leather, factory spray liner, safety pkg, generic roll up bed cover, Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller, Replaced OEM at 70k with Michelin LTX Defender

Please add a vehicle description to your Signature Line in your USER CP so we know what you are driving and can more appropriately insult you.
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 11:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaryBosse View Post
Download the Upfitter manual - link is in one of the stickied threads to top of this forum.

I did a quick look on my 2015: It looks like these are controlled from the BCM and not separately fused. BCM fuses F15, F16 & F17 in the passenger side kick panel appear to be related to the turn signal function.

Probably should ask, why are you needing this information? Give us some background so the next person who has an issue can use your discoveries to locate their solutions.
My passenger front and rear blinkers are hyper flashing. I replaced both of the bulbs and they are still doing it. I wanted to check the fuses to see if there is an issue there.

2017 CCSB Z71|Summit White|Eibach Stage 1 3rd Notch|1.5” Rear Block|Nitto Ridge Grappler LT285/70/17|ATX200 Yukon Wheels 17x9 +18|10mm Wheel Spacers|ZR2 Sliders|Blacked Out Badges|Bakflip MX4 Tonneau|Rhino Bed Liner|20% tint front 5% rear|Air Dam Delete|Spyder Black Housing Headlights|LED interior,back up and, reverse lights|Master Muffler Swap|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 11:56 AM

did you check the fuses on passenger side kick panel?

just the right side is not working?
Do you have LED's? if so, check them

they turn signals maybe bedirectly run out of the BCM, others will chime in

2017 Deep Woods Green ZR2 CC
Truxedo Titanium cover
Go Rhino RB20 running boards
RC level
post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 12:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter62 View Post
did you check the fuses on passenger side kick panel?

just the right side is not working?
Do you have LED's? if so, check them

they turn signals maybe bedirectly run out of the BCM, others will chime in
No I am going to do that right now, and I don't have LED.

post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 12:06 PM

Garage
Quote:
My passenger front and rear blinkers are hyper flashing. I replaced both of the bulbs and they are still doing it. I wanted to check the fuses to see if there is an issue there.
Aren't there 2 bulbs in the back? Can't remember. Anyway could check that, maybe you missed one.

Sent from the butt crack of California.
2016 Colorado 4x4 CC SB V6 LT
post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 12:16 PM Thread Starter

I have no idea what the issue is.

post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 12:20 PM

Quote:
I have no idea what the issue is.
Sure you do: The hyperflashing. So, now if someone has this problem down the road and searches on hyperflashing, or perhaps hyper flashing, they will locate this thread, where you will kindly post the solution when you find it.

Voila, hopefully we have given you some idea where to look for solutions, and once it is resolved and you supply the answer, the next guy or gal will thank you profusely.

This is how we make these forums useful.
White016 likes this.

2015 Canyon SLT, Copper Red, 2WD, CC, SB, V6, Tow, blk leather, factory spray liner, safety pkg, generic roll up bed cover, Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller, Replaced OEM at 70k with Michelin LTX Defender

Please add a vehicle description to your Signature Line in your USER CP so we know what you are driving and can more appropriately insult you.
post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 12:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaryBosse View Post
Sure you do: The hyperflashing. So, now if someone has this problem down the road and searches on hyperflashing, or perhaps hyper flashing, they will locate this thread, where you will kindly post the solution when you find it.

Voila, hopefully we have given you some idea where to look for solutions, and once it is resolved and you supply the answer, the next guy or gal will thank you profusely.

This is how we make these forums useful.
haha sounds good, I am taking my truck in the the TSB shudder issue, seat cover replacement now I will add this too.

post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 12:28 PM

Garage
Quote:
haha sounds good, I am taking my truck in the the TSB shudder issue, seat cover replacement now I will add this too.
Is there only one turn bulb in the back?

You might want to swap your LEDs back to stock, the dealer might blame the problem on them. It wouldn't surprise me as soon as they see those bulbs they won't even touch it. Yes, even though they aren't in the turn signals just reverse.

Anyway, let us know what it was.

post #11 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 12:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by White016 View Post
Is there only one turn bulb in the back?

You might want to swap your LEDs back to stock, the dealer might blame the problem on them. It wouldn't surprise me as soon as they see those bulbs they won't even touch it. Yes, even though they aren't in the turn signals just reverse.

Anyway, let us know what it was.
Yes the bottom rear is the turn signal. Yeah I could do that, I do have the spyder headlights so hopefully they dont say something there.
White016 likes this.

post #12 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 12:51 PM

Are you sure your not just low on Blinker Fluid? 🌞
Attached Images
File Type: jpg th-1_1558025396644.jpg (28.9 KB, 15 views)
16WhiteColly and taze like this.
post #13 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 12:57 PM

Garage
Quote:
Yes the bottom rear is the turn signal. Yeah I could do that, I do have the spyder headlights so hopefully they dont say something there.
Better double check that, on my truck both the top and bottom blink. I bet your top is bad.

post #14 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 01:05 PM

Garage
Being bored I read this thread. Now I'm just confused.

I am reminded though of my old Fiat X19. It had a separate fuse for each element in the headlights, so four fuses.
post #15 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 01:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Better double check that, on my truck both the top and bottom blink. I bet your top is bad.
Wow I’m dumb but also there was more to it. I swapped the top rear bulb and the flash continued then I noticed the front wasn’t even lit up so I popped it out and noticed the wire was disconnected from the bulb, I re connected it and boom it worked.

Thanks for the help !

post #16 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 01:49 PM

Garage
Quote:
Wow I’m dumb but also there was more to it. I swapped the top rear bulb and the flash continued then I noticed the front wasn’t even lit up so I popped it out and noticed the wire was disconnected from the bulb, I re connected it and boom it worked.

Thanks for the help !
Awesome!

I was going to mention checking the front too because I have Spyders also and I noticed the front is in the Spyder housing when I went out to look at it. But I was thinking, naw, he would notice if the front didn't blink at all. ahaha

post #17 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 02:00 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodspike View Post
Being bored I read this thread. Now I'm just confused.

I am reminded though of my old Fiat X19. It had a separate fuse for each element in the headlights, so four fuses.
wow, 4 fuses for just the headlights, thats a bit excessive...

IIRC the BCM has fuses that protect it kind of chunks, before it does it's switching, blinking, ect. No fuse for every bulb, most likely one fuse for all turn/brake lights, and one for all running lights, that kind of thing. And all before the BCM, nothing between it and the bulbs but wires. So basically, if it blinks at all, fast or slow, the fuse is good.

If you get really bored you could look at the wiring diagram to find out, but most normal people wouldn't do that, only weird ones like me. I love electrical. ahahaha

post #18 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 02:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Awesome!

I was going to mention checking the front too because I have Spyders also and I noticed the front is in the Spyder housing when I went out to look at it. But I was thinking, naw, he would notice if the front didn't blink at all. ahaha

When the front blinker bulb wasn't connected the LED square light was hyper flashing, but it would be couple if that could blink together with the turn signal like the Anzos.

post #19 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 02:26 PM

Garage
Quote:
When the front blinker bulb wasn't connected the LED square light was hyper flashing, but it would be couple if that could blink together with the turn signal like the Anzos.
Ah, that's why you didn't notice it. I think the little LED in my Spyders in only a parking light. I didn't notice it flashing when I tried it.

post #20 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 02:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Ah, that's why you didn't notice it. I think the little LED in my Spyders in only a parking light. I didn't notice it flashing when I tried it.
Yes mine are too, they arent DRL. It would cool if they were and the LED flash with the blinker light when turning.
White016 likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode