2017 colorado ext cab stereo/system question - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 02:46 PM Thread Starter

2017 colorado ext cab stereo/system question

I really like the factory 8in screen infotainment system and do not want to change it but I want to add a amplified bazooka tube I had in another vehicle for some low bass for the Colorado. To those that have done it where is the best place to run the power wire from battery to get it into back interior of cab and what wires do I tap into for signal since I won't be using rca jacks because of keeping the factory stereo? Has anyone installed a "system" in their extended cab colorado? All I seem to find online is crew cab installs. Thanks.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 02:58 PM

Garage
Here are the instructions for installing the crew cab Kicker sub. Follow the directions for routing the power wire. The signal wire is the same process too, but may be different color wires. You want to tap the front speakers for the signal, as the rears do not get the full signal.

https://www.kicker.com/app/manuals/v...5-20160121.pdf

2017 Z71 CCSB, V6, Brownstone Metallic
2017 LT CCSB, V6, Cyber Grey Metallic *TRADED*
2015 Z71 Ext Cab, V6, Red Hot *TRADED*
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 05:11 PM

Could not be easier, there is a nipple in the wiring harness grommet that you cut and push the power wire through.

2017 Colorado v6 ECLB WT Custom Edition Cyber Grey lol2wd G80. But hey it's >300lbs lighter than your CC 4x4, see you at the stop light Best 1/4 Mile - 14.6 seconds

Level is meant to be earned, not installed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 05:17 PM

You want to use the front door speakers to tap in to the best bass signal. I added a Alpine sub in my ext cab Bose system.

2017 Colorado ZR2 Deepwood Green Metallic, Ext Cab 3.6 DI DOHC V6 (LGZ) 8-speed auto (8L45).
Midwest Overland Ind, 589 Fab, Warn, GMPP, Trifecta, Nitro Gear, Rhino Rack, Wilco Offset, Smittybilt, Ultra Ranger. Supermod Skidz.

Illegitimi non carborundum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in