I used the Pop & lock kit PL8140, found here:
1. Remove the tailgate lock panel cover using hex bit
2. Remove retainer clip on top of the OEM cam. Use a small screwdriver to pull up the tiny tab on the retainer clip, then slide the clip off. Remove the OEM cam.
3. Replace original cam with cam from pop-lock, and secure with pop-lock retainer clip
4. Mount pop-lock unit by removing the bolt on the right and then replacing once pop-lock actuator is installed
5. Run wire from under tailgate to the pop-lock unit
6. Run the wire down the truck frame rail
7. Remove the driver side sill panel by pulling up on the edges and then rotate out/up
8. Drill 1/4 hole into plastic cover under driver foot well
9. Pull wire through and insert wire into wire tray at the front
10. Find the larger solid gray wire, and the larger tan with yellow stripe wire
11. Use red crimp connectors to join the pop-lock blue wire to the solid grey wire, and the pop-lock green wire to the tan/yellow stripe wire. Note
: tan/yellow may appear tan/green-ish due to lighting conditions.
12. Test locking/unlocking to verify expected results
If any questions you can refer to this video
, or ask me questions. Enjoy!
Edit: Corrected step 11 to reference tan/yellow wire instead of tan/green.